Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: is a traveling circus civ possible?  (Read 420 times)

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
is a traveling circus civ possible?
« on: May 30, 2014, 10:19:25 am »

I just thought of this, and now I'm afraid.
Imagine: You're just setting up your new fortress, and things are going well. You have plenty of supplies, and your dwarves are happy. Then, one day, you see a caravan on the horizon. It's the traveling "circus," and it's filled with "clowns," heading right for your fortress.
Regards,
Dampe

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: is a traveling circus civ possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 10:32:18 am »

Yes, but the travelling circus would be friendly to you. To change that, you could give them a self-targetted interaction to make them opposed to life or crazed.

But yes, demon-caravans are possible. You need to extract the procedually generated demon raws from the world.dat, merge them into one creature with several castes (someone on the forum just did that a few days ago), make a civ for them, set the ethics to be close to dwarves, DO NOT add itemthief or babysnatcher, and watch the fun.

After you killed enough of their caravans, they will also send sieges. And diplomats, if they have any.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 12:32:12 pm »

You could also try porting in the clowns from versions past. Be warned though that the raws have changed quite a bit since then, and you'll have to make a lot of it up form scratch.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 02:55:22 pm »

someone on the forum just did that a few days ago
It was me. Check out the Blood for Armok mod link in my sig.