Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slight Issue  (Read 531 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Slight Issue
« on: May 28, 2014, 03:00:44 pm »

This will at first sound like it belongs in gameplay questions, but it doesn't. DF currently stops working and closes itself after ten years of world gen. It only started doing this after I added a mod. Is this a known problem, or should I just uninstall the mod?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Slight Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 03:09:25 pm »

This will at first sound like it belongs in gameplay questions, but it doesn't. DF currently stops working and closes itself after ten years of world gen. It only started doing this after I added a mod. Is this a known problem, or should I just uninstall the mod?
Consistently 10 years in?  That sounds odd.  Try a Very Short history (5 years) and see what happens.

As for fixing the problem, use the clean copy of your raws (you do have clean copies, right?) to make sure everything gens properly, then bring in your mod files in sensible chunks until you locate the issue.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 05:15:41 pm »

"a mod" ?

If you could tell us which mod, maybe we could help you find a fix. Probably a megabeast without BIOME:ALL and LAIR:100.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 06:04:40 pm »

Dwarves in a New World. I don't know why it's not working. It might be in combination with the other two mods I have on here, FOR DARHNOSAUWRS AND DORFS and !!DALEKS!! and Introducing: Cybermen!

EDIT: I just checked and I found the issue. The Zelda mod is obsolete. I feel like an idiot.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:58:31 pm by StupidElves »
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.