Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Hammerfight  (Read 16986 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Hammerfight
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2014, 11:35:34 am »

so is the steam version really not updates to 1.005 so that you cant get tribal wars??? and if so, is it possible to manually update it?

Yes and yes. I have a small package you can apply to the install dir to bring the game up to .005, but you'll need to make sure Steam doesn't know you've changed anything. It would be nice to have someone test this and report back whether it works properly-- for now, it is "use at your own risk". (uploading, will paste a link when it's ready)
I'll test this when I get home, but steam normally doesn't check for changes unless there is an update released or you manually ask it to.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2014, 11:53:15 am »

Ok, it's up. (see previous post)

I was looking for a changelog for .005 and came across a social media post suggesting that the creator's (Constantine) house burned down in 22 Feb 2013. (Source: this post, linking to this post). Further discussion in the first link suggests he survived, but it's probably unlikely the Steam version will ever get updated if he lost his files in the fire. :(
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2014, 11:59:16 am »

Ok, it's up. (see previous post)

I was looking for a changelog for .005 and came across a social media post suggesting that the creator's (Constantine) house burned down in 22 Feb 2013. (Source: this post, linking to this post). Further discussion in the first link suggests he survived, but it's probably unlikely the Steam version will ever get updated if he lost his files in the fire. :(
:o

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2014, 01:16:30 pm »

Gave it a quick test myself, and it seems to work. Just in case, I set steam to not update hammerfight. Seems to work fine and smooth already, though it might reset mouse DPI settings since the default save file is included.

But yeah, thanks. This is one of the first games I got on steam and it was pretty interesting. It's good to crack it open an get some more gameplay out of it.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2014, 01:18:45 pm »

What are the changes with the patch?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2014, 02:59:44 pm »

Gave it a quick test myself, and it seems to work. Just in case, I set steam to not update hammerfight. Seems to work fine and smooth already, though it might reset mouse DPI settings since the default save file is included.

But yeah, thanks. This is one of the first games I got on steam and it was pretty interesting. It's good to crack it open an get some more gameplay out of it.

To be clear, that file isn't technically your character save file, so you won't lose progress by overwriting. Version .004 of that file is different from Version .005 so although I can't say exactly what it does, I would recommend overwriting it when asked. Your settings for other things are stored in config.ini.

As for what the patch changes, all I know for certain is that it adds Tribal Wars mode. There may be other changes, but I've been unsuccessful in digging up a changelog.

If you're still unable to unlock Tribal Wars after applying this patch, you will need to edit your save file and change a section at the very bottom of the file. The process is explained here, make sure you pay CLOSE attention to the instructions (notice carefully the position of close/open parenthesis, it can be a bit confusing)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:04:28 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2014, 03:12:18 pm »

I seem to be having problems due to being too heavy.

Just a few pieces of Imperial armor, and I sink to the bottom during the intro sequences.  Sometimes, this screws up the dialogue.

Is there a way to fix this?  Do I just have to play without armor?  I've been trying to find a config setting that makes me lighter, but no luck.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2014, 03:29:00 pm »

Does dual wielding break the physics? After I combined a heavy hammer with a light axe, my center of rotation seems to change at random.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2014, 03:39:34 pm »

The hammer will drag you around, so your center of rotation will be leaning towards whichever direction the hammer is moving/falling. It's quite difficult to rotate around your lighter weapon (or perfectly inbetween them) in that kind of setup.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2014, 03:43:52 pm »

I'm trying to rotate around the hammer to strike with the axe and it works most of the time, but sometimes the ship begins spinning around the lighter weapon instead.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2014, 04:00:09 pm »

So, i've pretty much mastered grimm. Basically, I have one flail (preference: the one that looks like its one of those swinging pendulums from Sen's Fortress in DS) and either that awesome ice sword you can steal from that dude in sp or a sword with 3 fire gems in it. I've gotten the hang of spinning at different speeds to effectively rotate one or the other or both. Honestly though my favorite move is just moving back and forth so your weapons swing in opposite directions eviscerating pretty much everything. I've managed to beat grimm a couple of times under like 10 minutes (or something).
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]