Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Notable News Thread Complaints Department [meta]  (Read 756 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Notable News Thread Complaints Department [meta]
« on: May 14, 2014, 05:37:01 pm »

Since you folks can't seem to keep it in your pants and follow simple instructions, here is a thread for you to complain about the Notable News thread and have metadiscussion!

And our first complaint...
I disapprove of these threads where news is lost in news. That last one for example could illicit discussion inthe space travel thread, here it is wasted.
Except that I had zero intention of digging up a thread I didn't remember existing to post a link to something I didnt really want to have an extended discussion about. But guess what!? You saw it, and now you can repost it into whatever thread you think is appropriate, and we all end up better off.

If you don't want a thread to exist or don't want to contribute, just don't post in the damned thing, is that really so goddamn hard?

Hopefully this particular thread will be short lived, so if you have complaints about a thread that doesnt appeal to you existing, feel free to get it out of your system here and now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:38:35 pm by GlyphGryph »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Notable News Thread Complaints Department [meta]
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 07:05:19 pm »

You're taking it a bit personally, it seems. Does this really need an entirely new thread?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 07:06:48 pm »

Since people seem to really want to comment *on* the other thread, yeah, I think it is kinda needed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:51:43 pm by GlyphGryph »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 07:08:06 pm »

Perhaps your initial thread deserve a rethink if you're unhappy with the route it's taken?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 07:10:37 pm »

I don't think it's unreasonable to be unhappy when people are literally going against the forum guidelines. Nor is it the fault of the thread. Personally, I like Glyphs new thread, and think it should stay. As I liked reading those threads, but clearly people can not be trusted to comment in them.

Edit: That said, this thread seems like it might go the same way, if it was up to me personally I'd just report anyone who broke the guidelines on the other thread, but since that would be the most controlling a person has ever been with a thread (even when it's a fairly logical conclusion to the line of locked news threads) I'm not sure how toady one, and the forum in general, would react. Possibly poorly, in the short term at least.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:16:09 pm by Criptfeind »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 09:50:23 pm »

Perhaps your initial thread deserve a rethink if you're unhappy with the route it's taken?

The only bit I'm unhappy with is that people apparently feel a need to talk about the thread instead of participating in it. This meta-thread solves the problem. If people want to post to complain or discuss the thread itself, now I can just link them here instead of starting what will assuredly be a frustrating derail.