Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Mother being court ordered to circumcise 3 year old  (Read 7616 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Mother being court ordered to circumcise 3 year old
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2014, 05:25:16 am »

Parental fight before a judge over circumcising son comes down to medical opinion

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hope it will be pointed out that a three year old is not at much risk of contracting STDs or penile cancer.

Am I the only person to misread the urologist's name as 'Wank' on the first reading?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2014, 07:09:20 am »

"I believe the American Academy of Pediatrics does not condone circumcision,” said Dr. Stuart Wanuck, a urologist who has patients young and old.

"Now circumcision is much easier, more easily done in a newborn than an adult."

Wanuck adds that he has seen circumcision among newborns decrease.

"If the person who is uncircumcised follows a regiment of cleanliness, there really may not be any difference between the two,” said Kaweblum.

It's astonishing that people in the USA actually need a urologist to tell them this.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2014, 09:14:07 am »

Quote from: David Cameron's 2011 Speech
It's important to stress that terrorism is not linked exclusively to any one religion or ethnic group.

It's astonishing that people in the UK actually need a politician to tell them this.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:30:22 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2014, 09:26:01 am »

It's astonishing that people in the USA actually need a politician to tell them this.

Well played, I must take care lest I become an America basher. Though, that said, I think there's a lot of people in the UK that do need to be told that. I'm not "astonished" in that sense, maybe I shouldn't be astonished by the circumcision stuff.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2014, 09:30:08 am »

Well, do you want me to go and grab another totally obvious quote from an article? The point is that just because something is in an article doesn't mean the public "need to be told this".

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2014, 10:30:13 am »

Circumciscion of a man, contrary to the circumcision of a woman, will not take away the ability to have sexual pleasure for the rest of that person's life.
I have heard some men say it even increases it lol.
I have had adult circumcision due to a medical condition and circumcision takes all the fun from sex.

Exposing nerve endings that have spent years under a protective sheath dulls them very quickly. Only beneficial thing when it comes to sex is that you will last longer because you will hardly feel anything.

Thank god there are nonsurgical methods of restoring the foreskin.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2014, 11:04:39 am »

I'd claim pretty strongly that this is not the case if the circumcision was performed when the patient (circumcisee?) was still very young.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2014, 12:25:32 pm »

Well, do you want me to go and grab another totally obvious quote from an article? The point is that just because something is in an article doesn't mean the public "need to be told this".

Linking terrorism to one ethnic group is slightly more involved than having no knowledge of what unaltered genitals are like for the entirety of one gender. The latter should be knowledge common to all humans, like knowing that it's normal to have ten fingers and two arms. There are people who honestly believe that we are born circumcised and that an unaltered penis is weird, abnormal and dangerous. Circumcision is almost never talked about in the USA, it is just done en masse. There are men who are surprised to learn they are circumcised, having never suspected it, even with scar tissue on their genitals as evidence.

This ignorance even extends to the medical community, where it's still common to have doctors and nurses tell parents they must retract the foreskin of children and clean under it. Of course this wounds the child, he may get infected, and what's the solution? Circumcision of course. That's why you hear American parents chiming in on circumcision with some story about how their child or someone they know had horrible infections of the foreskin and HAD to be circumcised. So yes the public does need to be told in this case, because it is a simple matter of education rather than uprooting ethnic hatred like your example.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:54:34 pm by moocowmoo »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2014, 12:57:08 pm »

-snip-

Circumcision: Worse than racism.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2014, 12:59:27 pm »

-snip-

Not at all what I said. It's funny you should accuse me of dishonesty and then put such ridiculous words in my mouth.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2014, 01:02:18 pm »

Well, I apologize then, but it's sincerely what I understood from your text.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2014, 01:10:08 pm »

-snip-

How dare you snip his text without his permission. Unaltered text is perfectly normal and doesn't lead to inflamed threads.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2014, 01:12:41 pm »

* LordSlowpoke sips vodka out of champagne glass

so why the fuck do people have any right to meddle with other people's genitals?

fuck even if they have cancer if they want to keep it it's within their rights to as fucking dumb as it is, why remove foreskin

how is that a religious thing anyway

i created you in my image, but cut off that foreskin that's gross

same goes for other kinds of circumcision or as i'd widen it unnecessary amputation of perfectly serviceable parts of the body

ugh i wanted to ptw this then wrote a post then went off to make fries and then four replies and

How dare you snip his text without his permission. Unaltered text is perfectly normal and doesn't lead to inflamed threads.

HA

shit if that was postcumcising then i effectively cut off the whole damn thing

welp better post before i get better ideas

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2014, 01:16:18 pm »

A) Because little kids shouldn't have input on their medical procedures.

B) As for the religious, it's not like religions generally make sense anyway.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2014, 01:22:20 pm »

I thought what you were saying in the comment I quoted is that someone stating the obvious in public is unnecessary to be repeated and does no good. I may have misunderstood the point you were trying to make. I only meant that in this case it does do good to repeat the seemingly obvious because people are hearing a truth that they genuinely have not had a chance to be exposed to. Whereas someone stating racism is bad, if it does reach the ear of racists, won't be recognized by them as indisputable fact unlike anatomy. I'm sorry if I misunderstood your point.

Anyway I will lock this thread as it seems most people are unhappy about how I went about it. If there is anyone that has any interest in following the case, a good place for updates is a from a group planning to protest:

https://www.facebook.com/SouthFloridaIntactivistsUnite

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]