Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]  (Read 7596 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Villian's Den [A Suggestion Game]
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2014, 07:50:21 pm »

((Isn't one Kevak enough?)) +1 to quarry planning/making.
((.......*clap clap clap*

Ninja'ed: Damnit Kevak

Ninja'ed: Damnit Lyeos.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2014, 07:51:59 pm »

((You mean like murderous traps? I have quite a few pictures of those buried in my compy.))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2014, 07:53:09 pm »

((You mean like murderous traps? I have quite a few pictures of those buried in my compy.))
((Why am I not surprised? And I doubt they would be the kind I was thinking of.))

+1 to everything Worldmaster said.
Take a closer look at this text!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2014, 07:54:02 pm »

((Okay. Eight Kevaks at most. We can't sustain more than that.))
((And these traps crush people's sanity and make them question themselves. They just don't crush bodies.))
((Otherwise, I don't think we need murderous traps quite yet.))
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:57:39 pm by Worldmaster27 »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2014, 08:08:10 pm »

See if the bandits want to move inside.

I.. would rather like to hear Radcliffs opinion on this. Last thing he mentioned, his presence was needed to disdain them from killing each other. Most of our people - maybe safe the soldiers - are gentler folk, and inviting these ruffians into their living-space could so very easily spark strife, we almost have a guarantee of it happening sometime soon. Still, getting a few hamlets ready for them somewhere would be dandy.

Get the Miners to work. Ease their efforts with 2 Woodworkers and 10 Peasants.
We need to get our industry up and working. The "normal" peasants are there to help the woodworkers make beams and other safety-stuff, and hauling tasks. Building some wheelbarrows for ease of hauling would also be a great idea, as we won't need beams in the first few days.

Whatever Metal they mine, let the blacksmiths use to make better mining tools.
Just as it says. No further explanation needed, or so I hope. ;3

Let the crossbow-team build more of them. Give the peasants introductionary training with it.
I say we let them make another round of crossbows so the peasants have easy access to them, and then let them try to improve the design of it. As in, them taking their time and experimenting around. The peasants should learn to handle the crossbows, but there is no need to rush this point.

Continue building hovels - 2 woodworkers and 10 Peasants
Everybody has a place to sleep by now, or so I think. We can make improvements here later on, but for now I suggest to get our other industries going is more important than creature comforts. Let's leave these aside for a time when our morale can need such a boost, or we have plenty of time at hand.

Start building an outer wall - All the Masons and 10 Peasants
We can leave the keep crumbling for a while, because if we have to rely on it, we are already in the proccess of loosing. Another staging point at the end of the path that leads to us, is not only a smaller time-sink for our masons, but also more promising in terms of effectiveness. It would also give the area - and the bandits there - more security, allowing us to build hovels for them at a later point in time.

Expand the farming areas - Rest of the peasants
Being self-sustaining is very nice. Not sure how soon or if we are able to do it, but every meal we can produce ourselves is a meal we don't need to buy from elsewhere.

Edit: Oh hey, 8 new replies ;o

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2014, 08:14:14 pm »

I.. would rather like to hear Radcliffs opinion on this. Last thing he mentioned, his presence was needed to disdain them from killing each other. Most of our people - maybe safe the soldiers - are gentler folk, and inviting these ruffians into their living-space could so very easily spark strife, we almost have a guarantee of it happening sometime soon. Still, getting a few hamlets ready for them somewhere would be dandy.

We need to get our industry up and working. The "normal" peasants are there to help the woodworkers make beams and other safety-stuff, and hauling tasks. Building some wheelbarrows for ease of hauling would also be a great idea, as we won't need beams in the first few days.

Let the crossbow-team build more of them. Give the peasants introductionary training with it.
I say we let them make another round of crossbows so the peasants have easy access to them, and then let them try to improve the design of it. As in, them taking their time and experimenting around. The peasants should learn to handle the crossbows, but there is no need to rush this point.

Everybody has a place to sleep by now, or so I think. We can make improvements here later on, but for now I suggest to get our other industries going is more important than creature comforts. Let's leave these aside for a time when our morale can need such a boost, or we have plenty of time at hand.

We can leave the keep crumbling for a while, because if we have to rely on it, we are already in the proccess of loosing. Another staging point at the end of the path that leads to us, is not only a smaller time-sink for our masons, but also more promising in terms of effectiveness. It would also give the area - and the bandits there - more security, allowing us to build hovels for them at a later point in time.

Being self-sustaining is very nice. Not sure how soon or if we are able to do it, but every meal we can produce ourselves is a meal we don't need to buy from elsewhere.

+1 please player don't leave this.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2014, 03:31:10 pm »

+1, and while peasants try out those crossbows keep an eye out for any promising marksdwarfsmen, we need to recruit them later. Group of 20-30 crossbowman would do good damage from on top of our walls.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2014, 09:39:59 am »

+1, and while peasants try out those crossbows keep an eye out for any promising marksdwarfsmen, we need to recruit them later. Group of 20-30 crossbowman would do good damage from on top of our walls.

+1

I wish that people would actually post suggestions for my suggestion games. (The failing ones, not Colonization.)
Take a closer look at this text!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2014, 09:46:33 am »

-Snip-

+1

I wish that people would actually post suggestions for my suggestion games. (The failing ones, not Colonization.)
+1
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]