Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug with science discoveries  (Read 942 times)

Dorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bug with science discoveries
« on: May 22, 2014, 03:29:27 pm »

Hi Guys,

I've been playing as Dwarves and being researching different builds (I always copy a research report every time I build one of the buildings so I don't have to research again).

However my scribe has managed to create a Fine quality research report which means I can't actually build the building as the game doesn't recognize it!

Is this a known bug?

Newtons.Bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bug with science discoveries
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 04:21:43 pm »

The researcher has to go through multiple levels of research to discover science and produces intermediate research reports.  Is that the second tier of research?

Dorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 06:30:39 pm »

No he finished the research.

I then created a new report in the scriptorium and built one without checking - after that I cannot build a second one because the game does not recognize my fine quality research report.

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 02:20:38 am »

AFAIK, the quality of the report shouldn't be an issue - the game views them as building blocks and should just assign them according to proximity by default - similar to how, when setting up lever, for example, you just tell it to use any mechanism and it ignores their quality levels unless told otherwise.

Check the usual culprits for unavailable items - burrows, accessibility, or active hauling jobs spring to mind.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 12:14:43 pm »

Burrows have prooved to be very tricky for this, indeed.

Dorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 12:18:35 pm »

Hi Dave (you're looking well today),

Actually looking through it I didn't realize the research supplies were considered furniture and when inside the workshop they don't disappear but just become cyan!

I didn't have any burrows or other restrictions stopping this but seems simple idiocy!

Mystery solved!

P.S. If you don't get the reference above it looks a little freaky

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 04:20:51 pm »

Kubriks 2001 - Urist in Space ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::