Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That one game, it's kinda new-ish, and it's kinda like online DnD simulator?  (Read 1251 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like a couple months back there was a thread on a game, it's kinda like DnD simulator, you make a party, and it's pretty fun and stuff, there were 3 races, elf, human, and dwarf which basically determined character speed. I'm very tired and I can't think straight right now so sorry if it's a bit vague  :P

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

(ickiness removed)

Note: please use the "find the name of this game" thread.

Linky: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=37043.0
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:37:42 am by Toady One »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that guy's a dick.  Sorry.  We have those here.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So vague!

Unlimited Adventures?
(Probably not) ;D
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Was it that game where your characters were literally little cardboard cut outs, and their attacks came from a card deck?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah it's probably Cardhunter.
And cardhunter is pretty flippin fantastic.
Like D&D and the card game Dominion puree.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:55:19 pm by thepodger »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Er, sorry about that. I need to be reigned in every once in a while.

But yeah, we have a dedicated thread for this.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only thing worse than a redundant thread is a redundant thread that some self appointed moderator unilaterally shits upon.
Why not try something like "Oh you might be thinking of Cardhunter which is an excellent game.  In fact you can find the thread [here].  Coincidentally we've got a dedicated thread for hunting down the names of forgotten games [here] so next time hit that thread with your query for the best results."

If you can't make a productive response, then you lose the right to forumboss, so just skip the thread and move on.  The only thing you're capable of doing at that point is making a negligible problem worse.  I'm not calling anyone specifically out but there's a real ugly streak on this forum at times.  DF is hostile enough to newcomers, so let's try not to condescend if someone's ignorant of customs here they have no possible way of knowing.  Let the carp eat their spirits.

-edit-
We have a dedicated "name of game" thread to reduce the noise of a million separate threads.  If you're not going to answer the question in a redundant thread like this, just pointing out that these questions belong elsehere, you are defeating the entire point.  That post has information directed to one person only and to everyone else is just more noise.  So use the damn PM button or be useful.  Even polite redirection is a waste of space at best, and generalyl just aggravates the problem dedicated threads try to solve.

People threadshit here a lot because they seem to think it makes them look like insiders with muchos rep.  It doesn't.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:47:28 am by thepodger »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you can't make a productive response, then you lose the right to forumboss, so just skip the thread and move on.

Well he did note that there is an existinf thread about the problem at hand.
It was just the way he did it.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.