Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random Visiter?  (Read 1044 times)

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random Visiter?
« on: June 22, 2014, 10:14:49 pm »

So I recently started a new fort, and about 2 years in something weird I've never seen happen before happened. A pop-up like one of the popups that announces (semi-)megabeasts' arrival appeared, and assumed it was a minotaur or something. It ended up being a human, who was listed in the unit list as a friendly. He was only on the map for like twenty seconds before he ran off. I do run two mods, the dinosaur mod and a tiny mod that I made that adds one megabeast. Does anyone know what this could be?
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Random Visiter?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 10:16:58 pm »

A werebeast that arrived at the wrong time of the month.
くコ:彡

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Visiter?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:26:40 am »

Basically, because time is sped up so much for dwarf mode, there's only a very small window at a time where a werecreature will be in their beast form. So when your fort is attacked by one, they're fairly likely to appear in their humanoid form or appear in beast form and almost immediately transform and run away.

If you manage to catch one in a cage trap you can check it, since you get notices for both transformations. I keep mine in a pit, and then dump in a prisoner or two when it's that time of the month.