Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Keep up the great work ToadyOne!  (Read 1194 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Keep up the great work ToadyOne!
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:27:01 pm »

Just wanted to give a shout out, and happy to see your working hard on fixing bugs and working on optimization. I understand you would rather work on new content instead of working on this stuff, but seeing you do a great job here makes me know that Ill enjoy the next release even more so.

Thanks bunches and can't wait! <3
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Keep up the great work ToadyOne!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 10:38:49 pm »

I was literally JUST about to make a thread like this. He is doing great, with this pace, the new version should be done in a maximum of two months.

¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:38:44 am »

The bug fixing posts really make this feel like the home stretch... *stands near the finish line cheering on Toady and Threetoe!*
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 12:46:47 am »

I was literally JUST about to make a thread like this. He is doing great, with this pace, the new version should be done in a maximum of two months.

Famous last words :P
But I agree that the bugfixing posts are great; not just because each brings us a bit closer to release, but because they tend to be really funny.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 04:27:50 pm »

Famous last words :P
But I agree that the bugfixing posts are great; not just because each brings us a bit closer to release, but because they tend to be really funny.
DF is a sort of game that really takes pride in the journey, not the destination. And it enjoys every minute of it :P