Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any mods I can add without restarting my fortress?  (Read 475 times)

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
Any mods I can add without restarting my fortress?
« on: April 27, 2014, 01:48:48 am »

My fortress is practically invincible now and it's getting a tad boring. I was wondering if there are any challenging mods that I can add that won't require me to start a whole new fort.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any mods I can add without restarting my fortress?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 02:02:58 am »

yeah if you go into your worlds raws you can change a fair bit but not add or take away anything. e.g. you could make goblins larger or your dwarves smaller you can also change the grow times of plants and the strength of materials

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 01:00:12 pm »

yeah if you go into your worlds raws you can change a fair bit but not add or take away anything. e.g. you could make goblins larger or your dwarves smaller you can also change the grow times of plants and the strength of materials

Could I somehow change my site to savage or something?
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 03:52:38 pm »

No.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 04:02:33 pm »

I hear tell there is a plugin for dfhack you can add to use a code command to force invasions.

Then add things like no_breathe and flying and building destroyer to goblins, which should take effect during your same game, and force a goblin invasion, etc.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Espuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 06:30:16 pm »

Boring? So you already domesticated the circus and terraformed the map into a picture of your face? Organized a prom night in your dining hall (give everybody black cloaks and hats and dresses and only drink masterwork wine), and automated all your routines? Drained the magma sea and made a obsidian wellness resort there for your wealthy dwarves (don't forget the pools!)? Built a dwarven computer to play Minecraft in, and bred some sort of Giant creature for the treehuggers to play with? I don't think I getting bored is possible in this game (seeing as I can't get past the third or fourth goblin siege after my masterwork plump helmet roast make my fort way too valuable...).