Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: -=Flora and Fauna=- .34h [for DF 34.06]  (Read 33286 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: *Flora and Fauna* (.22c) [for DF 31.25]
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2012, 04:13:47 am »

The plants will work on their own, no extra work needed - just place them in the objects folder and play.

I've been working on new fauna to replace those adopted in the sponsorship drive, and I'm almost finished making sure everything works; a few of the new critters have variations giving them interactions and there are many interdependencies that weren't there before.  On the bright side, the new raws are, by necessity, very neat.  I think there are about thirty new creatures now and all should be ready soon, just the clean-up and packaging left to do.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: *Flora and Fauna* .34 [for DF 34.05]
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2012, 11:02:29 pm »

Flora and Fauna .34 is up at DFFD!  The interactions of the latest versions were just what the fauna-in-waiting were waiting for, and there are many new and wondrous creatures for you to encounter.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

I had to go over a number of creatures with a fine comb to add in appropriate interactions.  It gave a chance to apply what I've learned over the years so I was able to fix a few old misplaced tokens and improve upon the general state of things.  All the new raws are in vanilla-format style and in the future they'll all be that way.

The plant list is unchanged aside from some minor adjustments.  Here is the new fauna list:

Spoiler: Fauna (click to show/hide)

Nethack players will be happy to learn that intrinsics are part of the magical creatures, thanks to ingested syndromes, so for example you can eat a floating eye if you want extravision.  Eating a basilisk or wearing its leather is the only way to prevent their petrification, aside from an antimagic effect - this can be acquired from the wood of the Cloudfruit tree, which bestows magical resistance on contact.

Some more random pics:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm in the process of making an HTML guide for the critters in the stye of the DF Wiki, but until then, hopefully you have fun figuring out the new stuff.  Don't underestimate the new element men, my brother made the mistake of laughing off a snow man until it killed his entire fort.

Make sure to read the new creature's descriptions if you aren't sure about them, I tried to make them informative and if a creature does anything weird then it's usually mentioned - though there are a few hidden fun things.

UPDATE:  .34h is up at DFFD.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:05:34 am by SethCreiyd »

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: -=Flora and Fauna=- .34h [for DF 34.06]
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2012, 10:09:15 pm »

All right! Now I can finally play the new version!
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

wp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2012, 07:58:14 pm »

A big thanks, SethCreiyd.  I've been taking bits and pieces of this mod as well as your chocolate mod to create my own flavor of the game. 

Just a note for those who, like me, want to only have the plants in the game, you need to copy the  material_template_resource file if you want to have the plant juices from the new plants. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 03:05:27 pm by wp »

Strabonic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2012, 10:12:22 pm »

Finally I get to play with this mod. I'm happy  :)
By the way, electrum man's tissue is named "platinum".

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2012, 01:41:43 am »

I'm very glad you folks are enjoying the mod.  I'll be keeping this updated for the foreseeable future, so have fun with it  :)

I'll fix the platinum man issue (thirty releases and that never got noticed, so many thanks) for the next update, which I should be uploading soon, and I'll make a note in the OP about the material_template_resource file with it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2012, 04:28:57 pm »

I dont know if you could use it, but since I added an older version of this mod when I started my mod, I also have all your plants in there. One of the users made a full list of the plants and attributes, as a help file for other players. I cant really tell how up to date it is however.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60111839/New%20Plants%20Guide.htm
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2012, 12:16:24 pm »

^ That is very helpful, not many of the plant raws got changed with the recent updates so it's pretty up-to-date.  My thanks to you and to the person who made that.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2014, 10:40:48 am »

Do you plan to update this for the new version? Can we choose which flora and fauna we want? Are there many similar mods?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2014, 05:42:22 pm »

Will this work with 34.11?
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2014, 06:16:29 pm »

It should.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]