Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves perpetually prone  (Read 816 times)

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves perpetually prone
« on: April 26, 2014, 02:57:05 pm »

I recently started a masterwork nano fort, where the main industry is prayer. Good stuff.
However I have this one tile on my map where dwarves are perpetually prone, I've tried channeling and removing the floor, changing the priority and some of that sort of thing. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem? The dwarf also seems to be unwilling to build a wall there.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves perpetually prone
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 03:19:53 pm »

The tile has its occupancy flag set, and that can happen through a number of bugs.  On the other hand, since that's Masterwork, there could also be an enormous number of mod related causes, since I think it uses DFHack to create new features.

I actually don't know the command to fix it, but there is a way to do it indirectly through DFHack's Lua interface.  I know there's a command to fix stuck doors, which I believe works on the same principle (the door thinks something is in the way and won't close), so you can try playing with that tool to see if it can fix it.  In any case, you might want to try posting in the DFHack thread and see if someone can point you to the right command to use on the tile itself.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves perpetually prone
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 12:32:16 pm »

While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku