Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soo Ive got a friendly diety/king cyclopes roaming around  (Read 1569 times)

UristMcUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Soo Ive got a friendly diety/king cyclopes roaming around
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:19:40 pm »

So a little while ago a massive one eyed behemoth (etc etc) wandered onto my map. I mobilized my military, etc, but he wouldnt attack anything. I looked at the unit screen to find him and I saw:

Razvergis Godlinggoshdunoxtyec Bermt Scruk, Deity (Friendly)
Then on view,
Razbergis Wallcosts the Door of Seals
King

I don't see him on my noble screen, so I don't think he's a long lost friend of Cacame's, but I am not sure what to do with him.

He it totally friendly, parting it up with dwarves right now, but unfortunately he kept the building destroyer tag, so Im losing doors and armor stands fast. If he gets to my magmastack we might have a problem. I am using the masterwork mod, but I don't *think* that this is specific to that, I also posted it in that forum though. Any ideas?

EDIT: Now he isn't even destroying buildings, hes seems pretty content to just hang out in my dining room waterfall.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:21:27 pm by UristMcUrist »

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Soo Ive got a friendly diety/king cyclopes roaming around
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 09:29:21 pm »

Can cyclops become insane? If they can, prepare your military for the worse.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 03:30:56 am »

He's probably diplomat, game selects whom to send out of the list of important figures of the civ. Make sure baron and mayor aren't busy and they'll probably conduct a meeting with him.
Though in this version he'll be wiped out of the existence the moment he leaves the map. So if you for some reason like him, you'll have to wall him off somewhere. They tend to go crazy because of that though.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Kumquat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 01:09:01 pm »

I'd guess it is a megabeast rampage of sorts. However I guess this particular cyclops became worshipped as deity as a result of numerous and awesome rampages at your civilization (in order to stop the attacks) and the megabeast attack code happened to randomly pick a friendly megabeast.

He is probably just good luck to the fort as long as he stays happy and sane and alive, though unless he is a particularly tough guy he may get splattered by goblins or something.

The only way to be sure is to check what legends say of him.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 03:37:39 pm »

He just thinks he's helping
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Flarp

• Bay Watcher
  • and tearing apart the self-esteem!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 07:57:04 pm »

My 2 cents:

I'm not sure how either of these processes work, but megabeasts can come to be regarded as deities by human (and maybe other) civs, as other posters have pointed out. Demons (and maybe megabeasts) can also masquerade as rulers of human civs.

My guess is that first Razbergis began masquerading as the King of a human civ, then murdered a bunch of people and became a "god", possibly to a different civ. That second interaction reset whatever bits determine whether Dwarf Mode could select him for a Megabeast attack (I assume it usually passes over friendly megabeasts?), because "deities" aren't friendly by default, while rulers of a friendly civ are.
He views any show of emotion as offensive, sees introspection as important, values self-control, and strongly believes that a peaceful and ordered society without dissent would be best. He believes that mastery of a skill is one of the highest pursuits, values nature, and finds romance distasteful. He holds well-laid plans and shrewd deceptions in the highest regard.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 12:59:26 pm »

It works like this: Dwarves might be convinced that Megabeasts are gods, just like Demons in vanilla convince humans/goblins that they are their gods.

Your dwarves might worhsip a dragon or bronze colossus (or since this is Masterwork, a Cursed Blacksmith, Dragon Engine or Forst Giant), and they might appear as friendly units. :)

A while ago I saw a gnome fort with a giant as king. I found this... amusing. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::