Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goldeneye Source: Bond, James Bond.  (Read 1408 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Goldeneye Source: Bond, James Bond.
« on: August 28, 2016, 10:06:43 am »

A free remake of Goldeneye 64's multiplayer mode for the PC. While this requires the SDK base 2007 and Steam, both can be downloaded free of charge.

While I haven't played Goldeneye 64, I will say that this is a really good shooter for those who just wanna hop in for a quick fight.

Here's a few notes for new players:
-Right mouse button by default is aiming, which makes a reticule visible in the center of the screen. With the rifles (the M16 and AK-47 clones) this will cause a zoom-in effect.
-Pressing C, X, and F will bring up menus in the bottom-left corner about weapon rotation, info for the weapon you're holding, and gamemode info.
-Health cannot be restored, armor can be picked up, however.
-Headshots always deal the weapon's full damage.
-In certain gamemodes, radar can be seen at the bottom-center of the screen. Newly spawned players will not show up on the radar for three seconds. Campers will be highlighted in red on the radar and will be visible at any distance.
-Explosions leave a fireball that lasts for a few seconds.
- More than one weapon can be in the same slot. For instance, if the player spawns with a PP7 and then picks up a Cougar Magnum (both pistols), they can carry both weapons. The weapons are switched by pressing the slot button a second time once a weapon of that slot is equipped (for instance, when holding the PP7 or Cougar Magnum from the previous example, they can be respectively switched to the Cougar Magnum and PP7 by pressing "2" a second time.)

Get it here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Goldeneye Source: Bond, James Bond.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 10:31:21 am »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~

Huh. Apparently I had it bookmarked. Looks like I forgot to get around to downloading it last time I happened across it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 11:46:16 am »

I loved the original Bunker map(that chokepoint by the control room with remote mines, the memories), but I really wanted a Surface map.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 02:21:58 pm »

Neat. I have very fond memories of playing Goldeneye with my friends when I was younger. It's hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 03:20:21 pm »

Noticed a problem where the Source engine(hl2.exe) doesn't shut down properly when exiting the game.

Besides that, what server is everyone playing on?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 03:21:52 pm »

I'll be honest, I've never understood the GE obsession. It was fun for its day but I never thought it stacked up to a PC shooter. It was the first game though that made me realize the gulf between people who exclusively play consoles, and those that play PC.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 03:39:50 pm »

I'll be honest, I've never understood the GE obsession. It was fun for its day but I never thought it stacked up to a PC shooter. It was the first game though that made me realize the gulf between people who exclusively play consoles, and those that play PC.

Here is a huge difference...

Enemies could miss in GE... As in you could stay perfectly still... and the enemy shooting at you could miss.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 04:17:00 pm »

People I know weren't crazy for SP, they were crazy for MP.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »

It was pretty hard for PC multiplayer to compete with the social aspect of console multiplayer games for me back then.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 08:53:11 pm »

People I know weren't crazy for SP, they were crazy for MP.

That seems to be true for a fair number of shooters these days.