Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I Make a Full Werebeast Fort?

Yes.
No.
AND ADD VAMPIRES TO IT!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Baby is Killing my Fort  (Read 5753 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby is Killing my Fort
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2014, 02:10:09 pm »

I ordered her to be put into a cage while she was in werebeast form, that order lasted until she was back to being a baby.

I don't know if they feed her, but every time she transforms her hunger/thirst levels go back to being at full, as would any other injuries that she sustained.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2014, 04:00:12 pm »

AFAIK dwarves should feed prisoners in cages, since you can set cages to be used for the justice system.

However, the feeding, much like the care of wounded dwarves, has such low priority that they often won't ever get around to it, and if you use cages for justice, imprisonment tends to be a death sentence. In case you're wondering, this information can be found at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Cage#Prisons

But yea, in this case it's the transformation that removes the hunger/thirst once per month. The wiki also says that dwarves require about 2 units of food per season and a drink about once in three weeks, but it takes them somewhat longer than that before they actually die of hunger/thirst, so transformations 13 times a year should keep any lycanthropic dwarves alive until they die of old age.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2014, 06:46:08 am »

Bear in mind, unless the Dwarf is jaded and "doesn't care about anything anymore," they can still go insane from a lack of alcohol/lack of good thoughts from dining in a legendary dining room e.t.c.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2014, 08:50:16 am »

Bear in mind, unless the Dwarf is jaded and "doesn't care about anything anymore," they can still go insane from a lack of alcohol/lack of good thoughts from dining in a legendary dining room e.t.c.

IIRC the wiki claims that jaded dwarves just reuce the effect of good/bad thoughts drastically, so it might be theoretically possible to get them to go insane.

Also keep in mind that dwarves who have completed a mood and lived to tell the tale actually cannot go insane. They can still tantrum and punch each others' skulls in, though.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:10:04 am by Snaake »

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2014, 08:51:20 am »

I'm very doubtful about that last part. I'll have to watch more closely.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2014, 08:55:23 am »

I'm very doubtful about that last part. I'll have to watch more closely.

I had a fort that, before I DFHacked magma all over it out of boredom, had plenty of miserable dwarves who'd created artifacts. Not one of them went insane, and they were definitely miserable for prolonged periods of time. I had a lot of non-artifact-maker dwarves go around the twist, though.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2014, 09:28:58 am »

IIRC the wiki claims that jaded dwarves just reuce the effect of good/bad thoughts drastically, so it might be theoretically possible to get them to go insane.
Which is why you want them to be jaded, or else the chances of them going insane are much higher.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]