Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Build and Defend - coop survival game  (Read 1832 times)

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
Build and Defend - coop survival game
« on: April 02, 2014, 10:59:16 pm »

I had a search for a thread relating to this game, but I couldn't find one. Looks kind of interesting.

Build&Defend is a game where you should survive by building fortress, by fighting monsters and by exploring dungeons. More precisely, Build&Defend is sandbox survival coop rogue-like. Build&Defend worlds are generated randomly so each game is unique. Also, you can play alone, with some friend on the same computer, or on-line.

http://buildanddefend.com/play

Anybody tried it? Worth the money? I wouldn't mind some online coop with B12 people.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build and Defend - coop survival game
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 11:10:38 pm »

It looked cool so I went to the faq. It didn't look cool when I saw that the tutorial video for cutting down a tree was 4 minutes long. It looked cool again when I realized the person giving the tutorial was an attractive female with an accent.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 11:18:57 pm »

The maker of the game is quite familiar with DF it seems.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 04:30:54 pm »

Well, it sounds like it has potential. I'll have to check it out when I get home.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 01:15:36 am »

I bought it and had a quick play. From what I can see it is quite polished at this point, but the controls leave a lot to be desired. It seems to be designed more with console style controllers envisioned. Still, I think it is something to keep an eye on.