Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How close is close enough to a Necro Tower?  (Read 945 times)

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How close is close enough to a Necro Tower?
« on: April 10, 2014, 12:07:26 am »

I've been wanting to play a fort where I get to play with visiting necromancers but I need to know how far away a necro tower can be and still be within sieging range of my embark?

Frostea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How close is close enough to a Necro Tower?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:19:04 am »

Before embarking, check the nearby civilizations by tabbing. A necromancer tower will show up as 'Tower' and that means you are in range.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 12:56:24 am »

I'm not sure it's 100% reliable, because I had a fort get necromancer sieges even though the tower wasn't listed.
But I guess having it listed is a guarantee, at least.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:39:42 am »

If a tower or town or something is listed in the Civs panel (note "Town", etc. and not "Humans"), it means that there are necros in the area.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 10:06:56 pm »

I think the range needs to be 10 tiles, and there must be a land connection. The tower will show up in the nearby civilisations list. Since necromancers also operate from towns if they don’t have enough undead to build the towers (they need 50), you may also get “town” or “mountain halls” in there too.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.