Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hero Generations - rpg lite where you mate for better children (and stuff)  (Read 1296 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/786551472/hero-generations

found this interesting game on KS

It is a rpg where time pressure is high and to move onward you have to build your legacy.

high fame and youth attract better partners, but time passes one year per action, so youth is a limited resource.

you can spend your time improving the villages, resolving conflicts, gaining fame.. but will be hard to do everything in one life

your children will gain stat based on you and your partner, then will have to live in the good/messy situation you left them with.

I like the art and the concept

I fear for it to become a 5 minute awesome then forever forgotten game

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like how the Stretch goals are mostly there to be as much of "nothing" as possible.

Anyhow this to me is another execution game much like Pixil Piracy was.

where the theme doesn't carry the game on its own.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Didn't I play this like 3 years ago on Facebook?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

Not exactly a new idea. The 1E D&D Oriental Adventures had a system where you start out with some Honor based on your family Honor. Your character's actions gained or lost personal Honor. If the disparity was big enough it would affect your family's Honor. Meaning subsequent characters from that family would start with a different Honor.

Honor gave you better starting gear, reaction adjustments when meeting people, etc.

In terms of video games, it sounds a lot like The Sims: RPG.

EDIT: And again, the stretch goals are stuff that should just be in the game. You don't need $3000 to develop another level to the tech tree dude.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:32:47 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic