Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [linux] The crate bug - what to do?  (Read 1298 times)

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[linux] The crate bug - what to do?
« on: March 10, 2014, 05:52:10 am »

Hi!

I bought a lot of crates - too many to watch them all and dump them right after they are unpacked once. So for now they are laying around there [f]orbidden...

I tried running the windows version under wine - just until those crates are unpacked - but the new v.4i doesn't seem to run ATM (just freezes on loading).

Any suggestions on how to handle those crates? I sort of need what's inside, but I also have a lot of micromanagement to do in other places and can't keep track of all crates the whole time...

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [linux] The crate bug - what to do?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 09:51:08 am »

The crate bug under linux seemed to be fixed for me in 4h - the crates I bought were unpacked at the Warehouse once.

You can go to z->Stocks and manually forbid/unforbid them all at once, if need be.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 10:41:07 am »

I still have the bug, both with 4h and with 4i. The problem is forbidding them after they get unpacked, before they get unpacked again in a busy fort. Can't just forbid them all at once, need to keep track of every single one :/

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 02:01:56 pm »

I changed the crates to be blocks instead of bars just to test - with blocks it works flawlessly. Except of course for the little detail that there are no blocks of soap being sold by caravans. So... not a solution, just a confirmation that this is a bar-related bug.

I have not been able to figure out why the Tradepost has problems with bars when all other buildings seem to handle those just fine. Maybe the creature/soap bit is part of the problem?

Don't see a way to fix this... theoratically I could try to make the crates rough meat instead of soap bars, but that... sounds very messy.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 01:27:41 pm »

One bar is 150 units, isn't it? If I set it to 150, it works as intended . So - is this really a linux bug or is it a windows bug and using "1" as amount is the workaround? Can anyone confirm that it even works as intended on windows with "1" bar-unit and doesn't with 150?

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 03:33:20 pm »

If the bug is still the same as it was with version 2.x, this is a difference between the Linux and Windows versions of DF. On Windows if a reaction doesn't require a full bar, it will still use up the entire bar. But in Linux, it will use the correct quantity and leave an incomplete bar behind. Slag from vanilla smelter reactions had the exact same problem.

It is simply fixed by multiplying all the crate quantities by 150 in the raws.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 03:57:36 pm »

So if I understand you correctly that means it would still work under windows, too, with 150?

Hmm... guess I'll try to get my raws in order and submit a patch or something sometime...