Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suicidal Liasons!  (Read 376 times)

Dead Winter Reigns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suicidal Liasons!
« on: October 07, 2009, 12:26:42 pm »

So, I just started a new fortress, and the first caravan came in. For some reason, the liason hadn't tried to set up a meeting yet. I found out he was deceased. For some reason, he decided to head off to the west, where he was attacked and killed by a number of snakemen.

How have your liasons decided to commit suicide lately?

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suicidal Liasons!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 12:44:31 pm »

I had one that visited the fortress right before it got sieged. He completed his meeting with my mayor, so I opened the secret right-next-to-the-edge-of-the-map escape route for him to get out. He could have made it in plenty of time before the orcs showed up, but instead he decided to hang around my mayor for a bit longer before running off. He slipped out the exit right before I managed to get it closed again, and right into the waiting arrows of the orcish hordes.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

SquirrelWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suicidal Liasons!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 12:55:51 pm »

I had a liason and a caravan plow through a forest fire caused by fire imps on the other side of the map. None of my dwarves died, and it flushed out a kolbold thief and roasted him at the same time.
Balanced Wheels is just rolling along

A small sign posted at the far end of the catapult range.

"In ToolCrew Microline strikes you!"