Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Hack Workflow Plugin  (Read 1025 times)

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
DF Hack Workflow Plugin
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:34:55 am »

Hi All,
I've just started using DF Hack and Therapist after playing for three years, and wow, these things have really streamlined some aspects of the game. I wanted to take advantage of the workflow plugin, but it seems to be a little outside of my grasp.

Here are some questions I have if anyone can take the time to answer:

1. Do I have to to put a range in for production, like "30 0" if I want exactly 30 of something made?
2. When I try putting in an order for pig iron bars, it doesn't work. What phrase should I use to make that happen?
3. I successfully set a range for booze production, but I got an immediate message that it couldn't be fulfilled, but it wasn't specific as to why. Can I ask for specific kinds of booze (or meals and such) to be made?
4. Finally, is there a community resource I'm overlooking that gives information about these things? I don't want to bother the board with questions if there's something out there.

Re: DF Hack Workflow Plugin
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 06:03:39 pm »

1. Do I have to to put a range in for production, like "30 0" if I want exactly 30 of something made?
2. When I try putting in an order for pig iron bars, it doesn't work. What phrase should I use to make that happen?
3. I successfully set a range for booze production, but I got an immediate message that it couldn't be fulfilled, but it wasn't specific as to why. Can I ask for specific kinds of booze (or meals and such) to be made?
4. Finally, is there a community resource I'm overlooking that gives information about these things? I don't want to bother the board with questions if there's something out there.

1. The range works to tell your dwarf when to start producing and how much to make. So, if you set a range of 10-100 for Drinks, your brewer will resume production as soon as your drink stocks fall BELLOW 10 and will brew until the stocks are at 100 again. I guess 30-0 isn't a viable range, as the first number is the lowest level and the second the maximum level. You could try 30-30 or 29-30 and see what happens.

2. Try setting it from the gui (press ctrl + i to open the gui and then shft + a to set a new constraint). Set it for bars, then inorgannic, then search for pig iron and set it. If doesn't work, try setting specific materials to be used on the workshop. Press alt + a in the workshop with the pig iron order and set the materials.

3. Yes, but you have to set the specific materials at the brewery and at the kitchen. Set the order you want and then press alt + a to set the materials. This way, workflow can track things properly.

4. Yes, there is some. Here is one link http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118872.msg3773911#msg3773911 , you can find other things via the search bar (just type in workflow or dfhack)

Now, I was about to create a topic just to ask about the constraints to rock nut oil, because I spent half an afternoon searching for it on the forums and couldn't find. It happens that i can create rock nut paste at the quern by setting the constraint to track for glob of rock nut. But I simply can't manage to set the constraint right to track for rock nut oil, neither with liquid nor with glob. Does anyone knows it?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:05:52 pm by Urist McBeatdemtantruming »