Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves won't recover......  (Read 3222 times)

sirdave79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves won't recover......
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 07:08:56 am »

I had a dwarf stuck in bed recently for the first time. I deconstructed the bed and the patient hopped to the next bed in the hospital. A few times. First time ive seen that. When I checked the helath screen he had a giagnosis and cleaning request which had been missed and he had healed in the meantime.

I finangled my doctors and eventually the diagnosis and clean (on a healthy patient who hadnt been cut open) operations were performed and then the dwarf returned to work normally.

With regards to crutches not being picked up, ive been experimenting with switching to adventure mode recently. One could switch to adventure mode on the injured dwarf and manually equip the crutch before switching back. It can be a little unstable, so make saves before doing things like that.

to switch modes (and ive learned this from reading other threads but done it a few times myself now)

"v over" the dwarf you wish to control. Type "dfusion" into df hack. Choose adv tools, then change adventurer from the menu.

type "mode set" into df hack. choose # for advnture mode (from list)

The UI changes. Save game. Reload game. You are now controlling your chosen adventurer on your site.

Find crutch and equip it (get used to strange equipping in adventure mode which is different to fort mode equipping but offers different options). Your trying to get crutch+weapon+shield (for example) held in hands of dwarf. Then when successful set mode back to fort mode ("fort mode" - "#" into dfhack).

Ive done the above myself. My last attempt worked flawlessly. The previous attempt returned me to my fort with a black square in the top left of my embark that was now seemingly no longer part of my fort. A second attempt worked without the problem.

Finally Ive noticed when returning to fort mode a dig designation seems to be added in a large square around your chosen "adventurer". Be sure to remove that before unpausing after changing mode.

Good luck.
Pages: 1 [2]