Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: V.4h Becordobar - Mastermind Dwarf Challenge  (Read 26252 times)

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: V.4h Becordobar - Mastermind Dwarf Challenge
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2014, 07:43:42 pm »

22nd Slate
Almost nothing is happening. Just preparations... Tenderroast is making some adamantine plate armour for our 2 remaining soldiers.
And we finished ColdBones tomb today.

The bastion, that caused his death, now made from pure adamantine, with a golden sarcophagus and a masterwork slab remembering all he had done for this fortress.

26th Slate
A wooden figure celebrating our fortress:

13th Felsite
Our favorite visitors!!! Goats!!! And Tigermen!!! About 130 of them.

23rd Felsite
Somehow the Tigermen are not finding the way in... But as our new adamantine armor is now finally done... Well. Dawnofdarkness and Cpt Crunchy want to test it. 2 vs 130. Poor Tigermen.

7th Hematite
The battle finally ended. About 70 kills had he two achieved. But sadly we also had some losses among the civilians. Some had seen some Tigermen through the opened bridge, and for no known reason had run out there in panic. And with only 2 soldiers the militia couldn't be everywhere. Overall 6 dwarves died.

But now, with the militia fully equipped, and all preparations completed, it was about time... Time for revenge. Revenge for what had happened at Hexxedgarish.

Dig deeper!, Deep into the adamantine vein!

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2014, 10:33:46 am »

12th Hematite
We have checked everything. There is no hole in our defenses. We are ready. Everyone but the miners has to stay inside.

27th Hematite
We are digging down... And more and more adamantine is found, but not what we are looking for.

OOC: This is all from one spire!!!(and I used some adamantine on equipment and he tomb) There were 3 adamatine layers (z55-57) above the magmasea, then a few in the magmasea, which allowed for barely any mining and then a couple of layers in semimoltenrock, which could be fully mined out... I've mined it out until z43... z36 is the lowest level of the map....

8th Malachite
It is done!

We are hearing screams from below. Not sure, if the miners will make it back...Miners were always the first to die in this fortress. But now... It is the time of truth.
More then 100 demons are streaming out of the gates of hell.
We started the Seesaw of Armok and the Heartgrinder. May they punish those demons!

9th Malachite
WHAAAAAAAT?

Well... they better run....

OOC: My FPS dropped from 45 to 6....

10th Malachite
The first demons are in the Seesaw....
OMG.... There is a dramatic design mistake....

While the steps between the tracks are only 1z high, there is some space above the tracks... And the demons usually fly up into that space... So the flying demons barely ever get hit by it.... It looks like we have to pray for the Heartgrinder and hope for a few lucky hits by the Seesaw....

But until now, none have made it through the Seesaw, even though some got until the 16th track...
It seems, the demons are not entirely friendly to each other. Multiple devilkin died without any interaction by us, because they got caught in some sort of gas or steam cloud carrying syndromes

11th Malachite
The Seesaw is still holding! About 25 demons have already died.

13th Malachite
60 down, 40 to go.
The Seesaw truly deserves Armoks name. Only a single demon had made it through, but was promptly stopped by the Heartgrinder. The revenge for Hexxedgarish is happening right now!

23rd Malachite
We count only 23 demons left, but it looks like they are unwilling to enter our path of doom. Are we victorious? Do we really have done it? The demons are defeated, scared of us?

4th Galena
5 demons left. One seems stuck midair near the fortress, and the other 4 are devilkin, with their full body rotten, hiding deep down in hell...
And about 100 demons were killed by the Seesaw and the Heartgrinder.
All that happened at Hexxedgarish... is finally corrected... Revenge is completed....

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2014, 10:41:03 am »

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What to do now? :D Any wishes? This was intended, to somehow bring it to an end, but actually, when surviving, it is much harder to end it, hen when dying like last time.
Is there anything you guys wanna see happen, any sort of wrapups, information, pictures, explenations, stats, etc blabla?

I will certainly post all the named dwarves again, with their details, but besides that, I'm a bit unsure how to close this chapter.

PS:
CptCrunchy has 122 kills... If you think this is a lot...
dawnofdarkness has 240

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2014, 11:16:19 am »

Declare war on every civilization and exterminate the megabeasts. If you have already done that, then start a loyalty cascade, ideally one resulting in Cpt Crunchy and dawnofdarkness duelling to the death.
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2014, 12:23:21 pm »

I would love to see you try your hand on the Warlocks. You make the best forum forts, and a Warlock dungeon/tower has not been made yet. :)

And congrats for the minecart vs demon victory... good to know how that turned out.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2014, 12:35:08 pm »

I would love to see you try your hand on the Warlocks. You make the best forum forts, and a Warlock dungeon/tower has not been made yet. :)

And congrats for the minecart vs demon victory... good to know how that turned out.
Sorry but I already wrote the post about my new fortress... And it is not Warlocks...(but also not Dwarves...) Just have to click 'Post'.
Maybe I will touch them afterwards...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2014, 12:40:34 pm »

I bet its small, cute and eats meat... and likes shiny.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2014, 12:42:33 pm »

I bet its small, cute and eats meat... and likes shiny.

:D :D :D

Yeah, I spoiled it by asking some stuff in the Kobold thread ^^
Anyway.. Still thinking how to close this chapter here

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2014, 03:52:55 pm »

You could use dfhack to force a siege from every civ at once, the final battle
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2014, 04:46:52 pm »

Make a final self-destruct mechanism, invite everyone into the fort, then pull the lever to destroy them all, as well as yourself, in one swell foop.  Preferably involving magma and/or cave-ins.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2014, 11:20:01 pm »

Make a final self-destruct mechanism, invite everyone into the fort, then pull the lever to destroy them all, as well as yourself, in one swell foop.  Preferably involving magma and/or cave-ins.
This.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2014, 07:54:57 am »

This.

What is the DFcommand for those invitations?
I guess some forcesiege<race>
What are the names of all the races, includinf Fortressdefense?

Dawnofdarkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 07, 2014, 12:04:10 pm »

Sounds like its time for me to go down in my blaze of glory
If Toady implements it, we can kill elves with it.

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 07, 2014, 04:36:42 pm »

looks like you lived because most of the demons you got in the rush were the fragile ones who fall apart because they are made of stuff that can't hold shape like snow salt and stuff
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]