Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noticed an interesting reading thing and wondering if there is science behind it  (Read 697 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

So basically, I came across a picture that was basically a bunch of words of varying colors, sizes, directions, etc.
Anywho, My query is like this:
I noticed that when I first looked at the picture, I read all the larger cool colored words first.
So I wonder, are there people out there who would ordinarily read the warm colored words first?
If so, is it something you inherit, or is a habit that is formed over time?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Graphic designers know all about this sort of stuff but I don't know any technical terms for it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Graphic designers know all about this sort of stuff but I don't know any technical terms for it.

It falls under image composition.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Brighter colors reflect more light. Looking at cool colors bombards your eyes with less light.

Ouch! The wavelengths!
Much better.

No idea if that's why. That's just the basics.