Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)  (Read 21661 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)
« Reply #390 on: February 27, 2014, 12:49:08 am »

I totally expected it, I honestly just felt like having a good debate for a bit, I got bored though (and ran out of arguments that were plausible).

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 21, 2014, 07:03:03 pm »

*Boots thread.*

I've been thinking about restarting this for a couple days, but I don't expect to actually do so for a couple of weeks.  On the other hand, I kind of want to run an suggestion game in the same universe but on a heavily-colonized planet instead.  Except I expect to fail miserably at that.  Ah well, worst case scenario with the suggestion game is I tell a story and people don't like it so they leave.  That somehow seems better than trying to meet the expectations of all active players.  =|

There is a third thought on what I want to run, but it's completely unrelated to this universe.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 21, 2014, 07:08:21 pm »

I can always help with the writing part if you have difficulty with that, I need more stuff to do with my plethora of freetime and I am fairly decent at writing.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 21, 2014, 08:22:59 pm »

Suggestion games (bar a few) tend to get little interest comparatively. What's the third idea, anyway?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 21, 2014, 08:30:31 pm »

Suggestion games (bar a few) tend to get little interest comparatively. What's the third idea, anyway?
D&D.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 21, 2014, 08:44:32 pm »

D&D.

3.5?

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 21, 2014, 09:54:12 pm »

D&D.

3.5?
Pathfinder-ish?  A friend told me to do Pathfinder.  I'm more familiar with 3.5 though.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 21, 2014, 09:55:14 pm »

What does pathfinder change, then?

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 21, 2014, 10:51:04 pm »

Not entirely sure, actually.  Races get a bit of a boost, feats get upped a bit, some feats get rearranged, weapons are supposedly rebalanced, magic is supposedly rebalanced (not enough, though), multi-class penalties are removed (noone played with them anyway), skills are more forgiving, and I believe some classes got some rebalancing.  As far as creatures are concerned?  No clue.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 21, 2014, 11:19:36 pm »

*Boots thread.*

I've been thinking about restarting this for a couple days, but I don't expect to actually do so for a couple of weeks.  On the other hand, I kind of want to run an suggestion game in the same universe but on a heavily-colonized planet instead.  Except I expect to fail miserably at that.  Ah well, worst case scenario with the suggestion game is I tell a story and people don't like it so they leave.  That somehow seems better than trying to meet the expectations of all active players.  =|
My expectations, at least, are pretty low. Internal consistency, explanation for lack of external consistency, updates. Ideally, a well-thought-out plot or something along those lines.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]