Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building Destroyer Building Destruction Priority  (Read 720 times)

Spyton

• Bay Watcher
  • Red Harvest
    • View Profile
Building Destroyer Building Destruction Priority
« on: March 14, 2014, 01:56:40 pm »

A while ago I decided to make an above ground graveyard for some of my fallen Dwarves in what I thought would be a particularly scenic spot, all was well until a typical goblin seige arrived and these trolls decided that a graveyard was worth destroying... Over and over again for no apparent reason.

I would like buildings to have a destruction priority from Immediate such as doors that block movement to dwarves. Down to items that have no real value to destroy it would be something akin to the priority of cleaning is for dwarves IE unless the trolls are feeling really spiteful, and really bored, and really really motivated to do something it wont get destroyed.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Building Destroyer Building Destruction Priority
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 02:16:38 pm »

Yeah the pathing could use some work. I've noticed that every time the siege is over, if there are some trolls still left, they'll get stuck in a pathing loop just outside my entrance that looks like this:

'DESTROY BUILDING!'
*goes towards entrance*
Wait, siege is over, RUN!'
*flees*
'Wait, DESTROY BUILDING'
*goes towards entrance*
'Wait, siege is over, RUN!'
*flees*

Rinse and repeat ad infinitum until they either get killed or I close the bridge at the entrance, cutting off that pathing choice. Not sure if the fact that I'm using an artifact floodgate has anything to do with it.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 03:23:54 am »

I once had a groups of goblins with cave crocodile mounts strom through gate, slaughter the army and then rush for mayor's room 20 z-levels down. They completely ignored everything else in my fort (expect archery targets... go figure) and kept delightfully bashing the gem windows of mayor's room. Yeah, their destroying prioprites are a bit weird.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 09:48:26 am »

+1

Pathing AI in general needs a lot of work.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.