Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wilds.io  (Read 5293 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Wilds.io
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 08:56:02 am »

PTW
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 10:12:04 am »

Well, they seem to have made it possible to sort of stun lock with the regular attack.

From what I've been able to tell, if you're hit by someone else's main attack, you can't attack, only block. The main attack now makes you lunge forwards a bit.

In other words, whoever gets the first hit in wins unless you have stupidly fast reactions to counter the spam clicking the other guy is doing.

It's noticeable, that's for sure. I never really fought much using the spam click method though, getting hit once generally means it's time for me to back off the way I play, so I guess it doesn't really effect me. But, interesting change non the less.

The announcer is interesting as well, I could take or leave the rampages and double kills and such. Confirmation that kicking people into quick sand counts as a kill for me is pretty sweet though. I love quicksand kills.Edit: Although the rampage counter is mysterious to me. I expected it to be dota style, so I killed a group of five guys, and that went up to quad kill, but no rampage, but later on when I killed just one guy rampage popped up. I guess it must be like, total guys killed over a life or something.

Edit: I wonder how p2w the bezerker is with this, they seem to hit first a lot because of their speed. Stealth buff to paid players?

Edit2: I'll just sneakily edit this in a few days later. I think the changes are sorta bad. It's a bit of a bigger effect then I thought, as far as I can tell it's a pretty heavy buff to just spam clicking, and subsequently a nerf to 'skillz'. It seems pretty rare now to find other players who can hold multiple thousand point scores for any amount of time now, as the sorta... 'Threatening but not rival level skill' people often just get cut down by the hoards of spam clickers, which is a bit of a shame, it's also sometimes quite a bit more painful for me then I thought it would be, I think it cut short rolling, which makes the already not great move into a pretty all or nothing, if you roll you might just be cut down by someone spamclicking you before you can do anything... Also it seems like he's removed the bit where you might be swapped to the other team when you die, now you're whatever team you spawned as. Forever. This is a pretttttttty horrible change. Since it totally kills the flow of players from one team to the other and the sorta general wax and wane that teams go though, and sometimes you get super unbalanced teams.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:58:18 pm by Criptfeind »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 10:51:00 pm »

I'm going to double post a bit here to bump this thread some and to say I've still been playing a lot of this game, unlike all the other .io games it's actually managed to hold my attention and stay fun, even if it is increasingly pay to win and every post by the dev on the forum seems to be about plans to make it more pay to win. Still, for all that I find myself coming back to it over and over...

Although more importantly then all that, I'm also announcing the creation of the first Church of Fuck Offensive Dodge Rolling. Fuckit. As I alluded to in my previous post, dodge rolling at someone as an offensive move was super heavily nerfed by the change to being hit mechanic, and yet it's still! Still! By a huge margin a thing I see people do. People I'd otherwise call good at the game. I spent an hour and a half killing people as they offensive dodge rolled at me today, telling them exactly why they died after each death, but they still fucking keep dodge rolling! It's unbelievable to me how this massive mistake is somehow universally accepted.

So come on in and pray to our lord jesus kick at the alter of fuck offensive dodge rolling. All donations go straight into pizza and caffeine to help me stay up late at night and kill offensive dodge rollers.*

Who's ready to join the congregation?

*Donations will not now or ever be accepted. Fuck your donations. I bet you fucking offensive dodge roll.

Edit: Now opening the sub church of fuck berserkers.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:24:41 pm by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 [2]