Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Non-'Depression Related' Problem From Scoopbeard (For Once)  (Read 1390 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Non-'Depression Related' Problem From Scoopbeard (For Once)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 01:30:20 am »

mostly by pursuing people who don't want you ._.  i did not think i was being a douche.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: A Non-'Depression Related' Problem From Scoopbeard (For Once)
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 02:44:27 am »

Oh! I completely misread what you wrote, Vector. Sorry.

Vector's right, though. Questioning yourself is a healthy part of being a good person. A lot of being confident, if taken too far, can make you look like a bit of a douche. Maybe even a lot of a douche. It's a difficult line to straddle, but if you're not sure, err on the better side of humility. Try to develop an honest, open relationship with your friends (And girlfriends). Good friends will tell you honestly if you're coming across as a douche if you ask them.

The bright side is that if you do venture into douche territory it's pretty easy to come back. The hard part is actually realizing that you're in Doucheville. One big sign is if your knee jerk reaction is to say, "No, I'm not a douche!" without a hint of introspection. If someone calls you out on it, take a second and ask yourself, "Wait, are they right?"
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 [2]