Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Ascension I: The Space Race (Illustrated Suggestion Game)  (Read 3337 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Ascension I: The Space Race (Illustrated Suggestion Game)
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »

Alchemy.

We can go to space after we're rich off transmuted gold and can buy platinum-plated spaceships!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2014, 12:46:37 am »

Alchemy would be useful but for now I vote for Surveying. There's probably a reason why it's so low on the tech tree even if we can't go to the moon yet, and by a long shot.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2014, 09:20:17 pm »

So how's the next update coming along?

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2014, 09:37:08 pm »

We can go to space after we're rich off transmuted gold and can buy platinum-plated spaceships!

I'm just going to point out that creating currency isn't that useful for becoming rich, although we may be able to do what Spain did and ruin the world-wide economy by creating a massive influx of precious metals while extracting large amounts of luxury goods from China.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2014, 09:49:10 pm »

I'm just going to point out that creating currency isn't that useful for becoming rich, although we may be able to do what Spain did and ruin the world-wide economy by creating a massive influx of precious metals while extracting large amounts of luxury goods from China.
Not quite true. Scarcity is the foundation of becoming rich, so we just need to closely guard our ability to end scarcity.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]