Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So, is it in good taste to continue to try to court a girl after...  (Read 1706 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, is it in good taste to continue to try to court a girl after...
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 11:17:59 am »

Just try and attract her instead, like a valentines gift.
Keep it down too just so you don't force her away.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 09:49:34 pm »

Just try and attract her instead, like a valentines gift.
Keep it down too just so you don't force her away.

NOP

She already said she doesn't WANT him trying to attract her, leave it be.
Thread should prob be locked, OP already got what he needed.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 07:01:14 am »

Well, just popping here to say that my entire life for the last couple months has been going against everything all of you guys have said and I think it's working out a little maybe.
So maybe we shouldn't discount the obvious desperate male method of handling this situation entirely.
However yeah you should probably just give it up.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 10:16:45 am »

This is true, it does sometimes work, and I was just talking with someone who said they harassed the hell out of their husband in order to get them to date them, and they wound up having a happy marriage out of the whole thing (though frankly given some of the really ugly stories she was telling, maybe I should be taking the whole "happy marriage" thing with a pinch of salt), but chasing someone doggedly until they spray your nose with mace, is really, really, really, a bad idea, you're setting yourself and the other person up for misery.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 06:22:47 pm »

Err, yeah, I would be EXTREMELY suspicious whether any relationship is happy that started with someone being pushy and not taking no for an answer.

The only way I can see it working out is if the pushy one eventually grew up and started respecting their partner. Not listening to their future partner's wishes shows a really blatant lack of respect.

Of course, it could be going great for the pushy one. They're probably in charge and keep their partner under their heel.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »

In retrospect, the word continue is a bit strong. I never actually tried courting her before simply telling her I had a thing for her, I guess the principle is still the same I guess. I've already decided my course of action concerning this matter. Let the cards fall where they will.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: 1 [2]