Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wandering Willow Troubles: Infinitely Butchering Plants  (Read 3187 times)

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wandering Willow Troubles: Infinitely Butchering Plants
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 02:56:50 pm »

Like this?

Spoiler: Wandering Willow (click to show/hide)

Now I have eyes, brain, and "wandering willow 1's wandering willow," which can be infinity butchered but gives nothing. I have a feeling I did that wrong.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 03:32:01 pm »

If you are talking about in Arena mode than that is normal. Try butchering a normal creature in vanilla, you will get something like 'Aardvark 1's skin' that can be "butchered" infinitely but doesn't drop anything (same thing happens for bones). I have never been quite clear why that happens (I am sure someone has the answer), but I always do my butchering tests in dwarf mode (make them common domestic so you can buy them at embark, then butcher them).

Now you should try putting;

Code: [Select]
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[EBO_ITEM:WOOD:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:WOOD]

This will hopefully make it so that you create actual logs out of butchering the tentacles (although you will still get there "bone" tentacles, maybe there is a way to make those behave like wood logs)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 03:34:01 pm »

If you are talking about in Arena mode than that is normal. Try butchering a normal creature in vanilla, you will get something like 'Aardvark 1's skin' that can be "butchered" infinitely but doesn't drop anything (same thing happens for bones). I have never been quite clear why that happens (I am sure someone has the answer), but I always do my butchering tests in dwarf mode (make them common domestic so you can buy them at embark, then butcher them).

Now you should try putting;

Code: [Select]
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[EBO_ITEM:WOOD:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:WOOD]

This will hopefully make it so that you create actual logs out of butchering the tentacles (although you will still get there "bone" tentacles, maybe there is a way to make those behave like wood logs)

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wandering Willow Troubles: Resolved
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 04:30:41 pm »

After a quick check in arena mode, everything seems to be working fine now. :3 After I have the rest of my wild monster mod done, I'll post up the finished product with the correct biomes, spawn rates, value etc later. Until then, here's the current version if any of you want to play around with it.

Spoiler: The Wandering Willow (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Body Parts (click to show/hide)

Thanks a ton guys! I couldn't have done it without you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 06:59:41 pm »

So how do they fare? And what do you get when you butcher them, did you manage to get useable wood from them? :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 2 [3]