Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Resurrecting a Dwarven Merchant  (Read 953 times)

ToadChild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Resurrecting a Dwarven Merchant
« on: February 01, 2014, 06:24:05 pm »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I am having.  I recently had a Dwarven caravan get interrupted by a siege.  The wagons all made it down into my fort, but one of the merchants was killed.  The wagons have gotten into a stuck state where some have unloaded, but the others are just sitting there.  I suspect that the dead merchant is supposed to be unloading the wagon at the head of the line.

I found a similar (old) issue on the bug tracker here, and added my info in a comment.  My save file is on DFFD, linked from that bug.

I have no experience with DFHack or other modding tools, but I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how to go about bringing back that merchant, so I could see if that fixes anything.  His mutilated corpse and right upper leg are currently in a sarcophagus in my tombs.

Thanks!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Resurrecting a Dwarven Merchant
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 07:06:39 pm »

Just deconstruct the depot and reconstruct it.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 07:26:06 pm »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I am having.  I recently had a Dwarven caravan get interrupted by a siege.  The wagons all made it down into my fort, but one of the merchants was killed.  The wagons have gotten into a stuck state where some have unloaded, but the others are just sitting there.  I suspect that the dead merchant is supposed to be unloading the wagon at the head of the line.

I found a similar (old) issue on the bug tracker here, and added my info in a comment.  My save file is on DFFD, linked from that bug.

I have no experience with DFHack or other modding tools, but I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how to go about bringing back that merchant, so I could see if that fixes anything.  His mutilated corpse and right upper leg are currently in a sarcophagus in my tombs.

Thanks!

This can't be done without modding. Either be patient, kill them, or do what Putnam said(I'm pretty sure something bad will happen though, merchants hate when you deconstruct the depot).
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 07:43:14 pm »

They'll come back with less stuff next time.

ToadChild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 09:47:22 pm »

Thanks!

This can't be done without modding. Either be patient, kill them, or do what Putnam said(I'm pretty sure something bad will happen though, merchants hate when you deconstruct the depot).

Right, I was wondering if anyone could give me a modding-based solution to my predicament.

If it's not something that is particularly attainable, even that way, I'll just deconstruct.  And I guess work on my surface defenses so that the caravan doesn't get jumped again next year.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 08:04:49 pm »

Okay. Pen  one of your animals near the corpse (deconstruct coffin)  and mod the animal to have one of the default reactions, change that reaction to the true ressurection spell but with the transform as a default creature and has no permanent syndromes. Restart the game following the modding. Animal will resurrect the dead around them and full-heal them. This can be used ad-infinitum but those who die from old age will still be subject to death by old age (to get around old age you need to mod an inedible plant to have a syndrome that gives permanent no_age and ethen make it edible while the select are the only ones with access, then unedible until you want more ageless/zombie immune creatures). After the game plays long enough to wear off the interaction you save, return regular interactions & unmod animal, and then start up again. It's a long drawn out process unless you keep a folde/file with RAW Backups and cheaty interactions to swap the current ones with outside the raw folder. _Note_ must do all this modding in the save's raws for it to work.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 12:04:55 pm »

Be aware that resurrecting the merchant will almost definitely NOT cause the caravan to come back - I'm pretty sure that when the merchant dies, the caravan itself gets flagged as "no longer interested in trading", so you might actually be able to edit the caravan's state to make it willing to trade again (it's in df.global.ui.caravans[]).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ToadChild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 07:35:25 pm »

Thatnks Quietust, that gave me the pointer I needed.  I dug around in the dfhack scripts a bit for some examples, and cooked one up that I could use.  The caravan state was at 3. I set it back to 1, then it set itself to 2 as they resumed unloading.

Let's hope they load up and leave correctly when the season ends.

local v = ...

print("caravans: " .. tostring(df.global.ui.caravans))
for i, c in ipairs(df.global.ui.caravans) do
    print("c: " .. tostring(c))
    print("c.trade_state: " .. tostring(c.trade_state))
    if v ~= nil then
        c.trade_state = v
        print("c.trade_state: " .. tostring(c.trade_state))
    end
end