Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I find sewers?  (Read 707 times)

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I find sewers?
« on: February 01, 2014, 07:34:16 pm »

So I was given a sewer quest to kill a serpent-man, but I have no idea what the sewer entrances look like, where they are, and how to go in. Can someone help me out?

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I find sewers?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 09:13:49 pm »

Fast Travel mode will tell you when you're near an entry point with Sewer Access among the list of notable features in the area.
You may have to try multiple entrances to find your target, sewer systems rarely interconnect. They never hang out in the sewers proper, you'll know you're onto something when you find a corridor or some sort that leads to more than a dead end.
If the town encompasses a body of water, there will also be runoff tunnels leading into the sewers. These tunnels are completely submerged and go on long enough to guarantee a normal adventurer will drown, but they also usually contain amphibious hostiles and the occasional vampire. If the vampire happens to spawn inside the wall of one of these tunnels, they will be permanently trapped and unable to fight back should you manage to reach them.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Azerax

• Bay Watcher
  • Azerax stops posting, seeking child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 02:56:24 pm »

look between buildings when you see sewer access on the map.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 04:57:10 pm »

The sewer access will look like a simple ramp in between buildings (all the ones I've found have been only one tile wide, but that doesn't mean it'll always be the case).  Find buildings with a narrow alleyway in between them, go down the alleyway and look for a ramp.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 12:29:22 am »

Ive reached the sewer through the catacombs and dungeons.  I don't know how common that is but I've done it.
To the beer!

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 12:48:11 am »

Ive reached the sewer through the catacombs and dungeons.  I don't know how common that is but I've done it.
The systems usually connect and at first I thought they were all one and the same. I've even found mummy tombs beneath towns before. It's just  amatter of finding just where they connect, and that's like finding a needle in a haystack.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 08:39:26 am »

Pretty much this.  I'm sure you could make an entire adventuring career out of clearing a single town's dungeon.

If you meet any Goblin Lashers, you can probably make a BUNCH of adventuring careers out of it!  Cause they'll all die.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.