Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reanimation.  (Read 771 times)

kibaseviltwin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Half-Goblin
    • View Profile
Reanimation.
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:26:04 am »

so i'm in Adv. mode i'm a Dwarven Skymage Necromancer Axelord me and my undead hord are traveling to another city when we are ambushed by some Goblins (39) they managed to kill my undead horde  but after the last one fell i went to claim a full, and toatal vctory when sddenly to my surprise i couldn't re animate the goblins. so i have a question,  why can't i reanimate gobbos.

i'm using Masterworks mod
All glory to Meph, a Legendary +15 modder and expert Forum Poster

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reanimation.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:00:50 pm »

Your re-animation power is limited to one use a day. It's possible that it's still on cooldown.

Just hope that you still have all your running limbs intact so you can run. You should be able to outrun goblin raiding parties with ~1300 speed or so.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:24:30 pm »

Wait, what!?  Reanimation is limited to once a day for Adventurer Necromancers, but NPCs can use it whenever they want!?  I call BS.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 05:14:47 pm »

I'm not seeing anything that suggests that in MW's raws. But then, the mod is huge, so I may have missed something.

Most other secrets/creatures that can animate corpses are capable of doing it rapidly, with little cooldown time.

I don't see why the goblins cannot be reanimated.

Wait, what!?  Reanimation is limited to once a day for Adventurer Necromancers, but NPCs can use it whenever they want!?  I call BS.

Don't worry, NPCs are just as limited by cooldown periods as players are.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 05:17:19 pm »

In vanilla DF, you have to wait only like one turn to do it, as opposed to once a day. Like BlackFlyme said, it's usually like that. Must be something funny and Masterwork-related.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.