Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Retiring for a while?  (Read 691 times)

UBCS Recruit Muffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Retiring for a while?
« on: January 23, 2014, 08:40:02 pm »

So I retired for a bit in DF (That certain character had a broken lower spine, so his legs didn't work anymore.) When I decided to check back on him, his fame appeared to have gone back down all the way, but I know for a fact that he was famous at one point, because he has a quest to kill a megabeast. When I try to get a quest from a Lady, they just go ahead and ignore me as a worthless peasant. By the way, how do I insert an image, I have a few to show.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:01:26 pm by UBCS Recruit Muffin »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Retiring for a while?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 08:58:16 pm »

Yeah, that happens. I have a theory retiring automatically gives you a beard only nobles can see, causing them to not recognize you.

To post an image, put it on an image sharing site and copy the image code into your post. I use TinyPic.

Anyway, if his legs don't work, I suggest you just go to the megabeast's pad and die a glorious death in battle.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

UBCS Recruit Muffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Retiring for a while?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 09:02:38 pm »

Yeah, that happens. I have a theory retiring automatically gives you a beard only nobles can see, causing them to not recognize you.

To post an image, put it on an image sharing site and copy the image code into your post. I use TinyPic.

Anyway, if his legs don't work, I suggest you just go to the megabeast's pad and die a glorious death in battle.

Well, apparently EVERYONE can see my manly beard, because I can't get as many men to join me anymore either. Also, in some act of god I beat the dragon without getting a single scratch, My character is pretty skilled, but I did not expect to survive.