Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Butchering sentients without starving youself?  (Read 1237 times)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Butchering sentients without starving youself?
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:04:19 pm »

I have thought of a way to butcher sentients without starving yourself. You simply go to the raws in the region file and remove the [CAN_LEARN] tag from the creature you are trying to butcher after you have killed it, butcher the corpses, and then add the tag back. I have used this several times.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Butchering sentients without starving youself?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:01:40 pm »

thats not as fun tho
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 01:43:58 pm »

Yeah, man! It's way more fun to just remove [CAN_LEARN] from everything! Or wait till near death to eat that elf!

Not that I can officially condone either of those activities.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 08:33:02 pm »

or you could find the butchered body parts at certain night creatures lairs and have that.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 10:09:18 pm »

Just carry your dead elf until starving, then eat the tree huggin' bastard. I imagine they taste like grass, personally.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 07:50:14 am »

Just carry your dead elf until starving, then eat the tree huggin' bastard. I imagine they taste like grass, personally.

So it's basically a humanoid salad?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 04:07:49 am »

Why wouldn't you just permanently change dwarven ethics to allow cannibalism and butchering sentients? Unless you aren't playing one of the races without ethics this seems like a more elegant work-around.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 04:12:19 am »

Ethics ain't got nothing to do with it, unfortunately.  You can tell because Elven ethics *should* allow them to omnomnom sentients, and yet you can't butcher people in Adventure mode.  Which means the only way to get a -human bone crown- is to kill a vampire for it (not that that's particularly difficult, admittedly)
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 07:21:37 am »

Well, it's no big loss if you delete the tag. Elves never learn anyway.