Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A question about good/evil?  (Read 1322 times)

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A question about good/evil?
« on: January 20, 2014, 01:41:16 am »

Alright, so if I were to play as an evil character, mass-murdering villagers, stealing items, slaying rulers etc. Would I get respected by evil NPCS such as Kobold groups, necromancers, etc.?

brokegamer

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: A question about good/evil?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 03:34:45 am »

I haven't done extensive testing on this, but I've noticed in legends mode that you can become a hero in the eyes of a goblin civ, but then it seems to immediately flip you back to being an enemy as if it's like oh yay he killed that guy but oh wait he's still a dwarf and we're still gits. I know from experience that necromancers will attack you no matter how evil you are, even if you are a necromancer, but that might have something to do with killing necromancers to learn the secrets.
I do let's plays on them there 'tubes.

Chances are if I'm making a post, I'm drunk.

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 03:47:12 am »

Well, I once became a notorious villain and slayed tons of leaders, when I came across a Mancer mansion (Necro-tower :P) They didn't attack me and I was able to talk and receive quests from them.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 06:09:38 am »

Well, I once became a notorious villain and slayed tons of leaders, when I came across a Mancer mansion (Necro-tower :P) They didn't attack me and I was able to talk and receive quests from them.

Were you a vampire/necro/werebeast? What species? Modded or not?

Somehow I don't believe that you can get friendly with normally-evil factions by killing the opposite faction, at least in current release. Necromancers aren't even entities, right? They are just individual guys in the tower with no real policy with outside world.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 09:16:51 am »

In my experience, evil groups will generally  be friendly or at least neutral to you, if all of these conditions are met:

- you are a hero in their eyes
- you are not an enemy of them
- you are not or no longer a member of any other entity
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:18:47 am by Glanzor »

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 04:54:28 pm »

You can become friendly with Goblins, even talk to them, get quests from them, and have them join you as companions. But if you move/attack in their direction when they're next to you, they won't move aside, they'll be treated as enemies with you attacking them, and then it's on. So I don't recommend them as companions, it gets annoying real quick if you're in a tunnel or whatever. I don't know if it can happen from attacking human civs, but killing beasts, night trolls, megabeasts etc. is seen as a good thing by gobbos.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 07:10:55 pm »

Heh heh.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TLDR;

I made a dude, who became a vampire and was then fine with talking to the undead.

So yeah, you can at least be friendly with cults of undeath.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 11:11:54 pm »

Somehow I don't believe that you can get friendly with normally-evil factions by killing the opposite faction, at least in current release. Necromancers aren't even entities, right? They are just individual guys in the tower with no real policy with outside world.

I think that I was a vampire.

Matheld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 02:38:33 pm »

I think that I was a vampire.

Necromancers have the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag meaning they are automatically hostile to all living creatures. They are neutral to other undead however.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 04:54:58 pm »

@Tawarochir: I think the hoomies were just upset that you supped a bit of their King.  Elves actually LIKE nomming their foes, which is why they were chill with you doing all that.  Also they're creepy and weird, and can't learn the secrets of life and death, so they might not even realize that you're any different.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.