Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why didn't the goblins kill me?  (Read 721 times)

Eegxeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why didn't the goblins kill me?
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:10:48 am »

I was attacked by a army of goblins and ogres there was more than enough to slaughter my small militia and I stupidly put the levers for the drawbridges to my fort above ground so my fortress was wide open and yet my squad of seven crossbowdwarves managed to some how hold them off with only one killed and another injured. I think it might have had something to do with the fact that the ogre riding goblin crossbowmen only shoot at the one guy who decided to stand outside the wall instead of on it, but still I somehow survived and that fact confuses and angers me because I took one look at that army and said "well I'm dead".

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't the goblins kill me?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:20:16 am »

How many goblins attacked you. If it was under 20 then your crossbow dwarves wounded the leader enough that he turned around and ran.
In other words you were saved by the RNG god.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 10:51:48 am »

How many goblins attacked you. If it was under 20 then your crossbow dwarves wounded the leader enough that he turned around and ran.
In other words you were saved by the RNG god.
Most likely it was the first siege, since the first is always one squad. Wonder why, but oh well.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

brokegamer

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 11:27:02 am »

The first siege is always a bit cowardly, I've known them to flee at the sight of a few wild critters.
I do let's plays on them there 'tubes.

Chances are if I'm making a post, I'm drunk.

Eegxeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 03:48:30 pm »

It was the second and some of the ogres are still hanging out near the edge of the map.

The thing is I had an ambush between the two sieges and I lost 5 of my 16 militia and a bunch civilians. The goblins almost made it past my draw bridges.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:52:27 pm by Eegxeta »