Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid caravan question. Forcing them to only spawn in 1 area?  (Read 463 times)

Linkxsc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stupid caravan question. Forcing them to only spawn in 1 area?
« on: January 19, 2014, 11:08:51 pm »

So... I was thinking on this fort I'm doing (surface only, lotsa wood. practically elves we be here) and I seem to have thoroughly attracted the ire of goblins and the elves (actually now that i check I was at war with them before even making the fort from an older fort)

And something just occured to me. If I were to make 2 lines of single wall sections every other or every 2 tiles, 3 tiles apart, wouldn't that force the caravan to spawn at the edge where it could make it into my fort though this path and not get ownt by my enemies. (honestly am getting worried I might lose human traders, though its not like they bring me anything good)

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid caravan question. Forcing them to only spawn in 1 area?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:00:40 am »

That's right, it would. You can't build walls close enough to the edge to finish it though, but raised bridges will work for that bit. Keep in mind as well that caravans without wagons aren't going to care about it and will just enter however they please.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.