Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spam  (Read 2122 times)

Urist Sonuvagimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spam
« on: January 12, 2014, 08:25:59 pm »

This.

The seed pile has plenty spawns and no barrels, just bags. I do understand that spawns mght be in one single bag that gets hauled around, generating this spam. Yet, is there any way to minimize this? I have aready skipped a couple of important annoncements (megabeasts) Using soundsense is nigh impossible, as it plays the "Negative" voice responce over and over. Any assistance is appreciated.

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spam
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 09:22:15 pm »

You can have only one planter. Or two planters in two not intersecting burrows, which include different farms so both planters will never try to plant the same plant.
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:35:37 pm »

an intermittent stockpile maybe? the seed stockpile closest to the farms, where the planters get their seeds, only takes from a link that takes from anywhere. Seeds first get brought to the link, then to the planting stockpile. The idea is to minimize the amount of time a bag with seeds is gone for your planting stockpile.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 04:55:44 pm »

Best way I've found to minimize the cancellation spam is to have lots of bags and lots of seeds, in a no-barrel seed stockpile.  Ideally you want to max out each type of seed (the game stops generating a given type of seed when you have 200 of it).  That cuts down on the number of seeds that need to be stockpiled.  Also, if you've got two bags of plump helmet spawn (100 per bag) most of the time, then when a few of them get planted and a few get generated in the still or the dining hall, only one bag has to be taken out of the stockpile to retrieve the new ones; the planter can continue using the other bag.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 05:01:29 pm »

Have you tried buying a new kitchen? The caravan has better ones for quite reasonable rates.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 05:51:19 pm »

Have you tried buying a new kitchen? The caravan has better ones for quite reasonable rates.

I really don't understand what this is supposed to mean
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 11:40:06 pm »

I recommend Romekrimtar "Longcastle" Kitchens. ≡«*mahogany kitchen cabinet*»≡. ‼☼steel oven☼‼. +serpentine counter+. Cheap 395☼ kitchens. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:23:15 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 11:53:12 pm »

I really don't understand what this is supposed to mean

I believe, it's a reference to spam at this forum.
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.

whatever1works

• Bay Watcher
  • *Flips table*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 08:31:07 pm »

Tat was facking genius
"Do you want some fish balls?", "No thanks I'll have a steak please"