Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unknown tiles seemingly permanently submerged in 3/7 water  (Read 330 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unknown tiles seemingly permanently submerged in 3/7 water
« on: January 12, 2014, 01:56:21 pm »

Hai, I was just looking around my embark site waiting in boredom for something to happen(nearly every dwarf in my fort that is not a soldier is hauling away stone from a big underground project site, and the miners are digging out an internal refuse stockpile). I took a look in the river, seemingly for no reason, and noticed that there were 2 tiles that were submerged in 3/7 water, while they are both surrounded by 7/7 water tiles. At first I thought that they were leftover water tiles that yet had to settle(I recently dug out a reservoir and filled it up, and about half of the river was down to 1/7 or 2/7 water, while amusingly, the other half was 7/7 just fine). A brief moment later, I thought "Wait, but how come they havent yet settled if they are surrounded by 3/7 water?" So I took a closer look with the k command, and I noticed that the tiles were "Unknown".
Pic:

About half an hour ago(the last time I loaded my save before I noticed the tiles), I had a brief power outage that occured while I was loading the save. I thought it was uncorrupted because I assumed DF wasnt writing anything to the save, and it still loaded without errors.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown tiles seemingly permanently submerged in 3/7 water
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 05:33:55 pm »

Usually it just means that there is a tree growing underwater, but in your case, no idea.