Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire Madness and the useless guard  (Read 611 times)

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire Madness and the useless guard
« on: January 05, 2014, 07:10:26 pm »

I have a vampire/mayor.  He was locked into a holding room until I got proper chambers worked out for him.  As soon as I let him out, he made a beeline for the bedroom of one of my starting seven (who had just gone to bed).
I sent in the guard immediately, and one of the soldiers just stood there, watching, as the mayor drained the poor miner of his blood.  Did nothing.

Afterwards, there's a body there, the soldier "witnessed death" and the mayor "took joy in slaughter"

remarkable.

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Madness and the useless guard
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 07:29:14 pm »

That's an excellent example of the corrupt dwarven political system. The guard was afraid to do anything because he knew without a sheriff, the mayor won't get any punishment for the crime and if the guard disturbs the mayor there will soon be a mandate for lead beds and guess who gets the hammering for not creating them?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Madness and the useless guard
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 09:32:00 pm »

Yeah, the way the game handles the [BLOODSUCKER] token is a little borked. It should probably be rewritten so that a fortress member who is acting on the token can be targeted in much the same way as a caravan guard (ie. manually only).

if the guard disturbs the mayor there will soon be a mandate for lead beds and guess who gets the hammering for not creating them?
Nobles don't make material mandates any more. They can make material demands, but the only dwarf who suffers if the demand is not met is the noble making the demand.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.