Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Development of DF city vs other game modes vs player desire vs programming time  (Read 4831 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Also, the idea of development on Adventure Mode being a "waste" in any way, shape or form is one of the few things that actually gets me angry. Fun fact!

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Ability to ragequit without DF trying to save when exiting the game.  ("You are about to exit the game - do you wish to save first?  (Y/N)")

This is never coming. You may call it a "ragequit" but we who played roguelikes know you're talking about "savescumming." This is a real game. Save to stop playing, stop playing to save. Made a mistake? Deal with it, or start over. Quicksave and quickload are contrary to the spirit of Dwarf Fortress.

Also, I have no idea where you get the idea that nobody plays Adventure Mode, unless its that you don't look at the adventure mode forums, because that's the only way I can imagine you conclude that "nobody talks about it." Adventure Mode is both awesome, and important to the game as a whole. Its actually kind of the point. Fortress Mode is just in there because you never get cool stuff for Adventurers from procedurally-generated forts.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:16:30 pm by WJLIII3 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I think everyone should read this. That was the development log before more recent versions. The exact amount each dev piece increments the counter is no longer valid, but the actual plans themselves are still valid.
Pages: 1 [2]