Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Let's Create a Setting! - Magitech & Mythic Fantasy - Write Down Lore!  (Read 12572 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Create a Setting! - Magitech & Mythic Fantasy - Write Down Lore!
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2015, 03:45:01 pm »

A minor god gifted the Ostovite Lepers with the ability to mutate somewhat. What will come of this no one knows.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2015, 04:15:00 pm »

The Ostovite Lepers increase in Number and begin to resent the Southerners.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2015, 05:37:10 pm »

(( I've rescinded it. ))
((WOOTS))

The most common races in the BOB are
1. Mage-Parasites (sapient parasites that spend the first portion of their lives being embedded with crystals and training as mages, later transplanted into a host from the other races en-masse)
2.Mosquitoes (yes, ordinary mosquitoes, though human-level intelligent and generally longer lived)
3. Giant Dragonflies (also sapient, though they are typically used as mounts in military matters and such. Also the most common hosts for the mage-parasites, meaning any dragonfly that expects to see combat is capable of strafing with fireballs and such.)
4. Jaguar-Primates (the most humanoid race in the BOB, think a cross between a jaguar and a gorilla. They are rarely hosts for the mage-parasites with about 100 dragonfly hosts to every primate one.

Because the parasites are the only trained mages in the BOB they are transplanted inside of the larger races to allow for a more typical mage-unit. Due to the number of mages in every "Mage-unit" they tend to be fairly powerful, though there is a definite upper limit to the amount a host can handle. Those with multiple parasites tend toward erratic behavior and to outswamp eyes, arguing with themselves.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2015, 05:47:49 pm »

(yay! let me think for a moment....how about this?)

hearing of the rumors of star crystals an adventurer known only by the nickname "truthseeker"  goes out to look for any grain of truth it may have. he also wonders if the crystals have anything to do with the so called "undead", that have been spotted.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2015, 07:21:07 pm »

Man, we already have a ridiculous amount of civilisations
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2015, 07:25:50 pm »

Nothing close to the real world and there's surely space for more. Of course, we could buckle down and just focus on what we have if we wanted to.

EDIT: Here's a tally of the current civs

-The Primordial Bog Republic
-Skypillar Arveen
-Earthpillar Dweller
-Alvay Confederation
-Kalhani Fiefs
-Kingdom of Baruanz
-Eastern Sea League (extinct)
-Green Turban Horde (extinct)
-The Elani Empire
-Kelph and her Colonies
-Yvolkan Kingdom
-The Crimson Empire
-Jhulani Empire (extinct)
-Ahuraz (extinct)
-Rhaza (extinct)
-Ghelteen Coast Cities
-Farrites
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:38:31 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2015, 09:41:10 pm »

Oh, that's nifty! Thanks, micelus.

Though I have to say, it seems weird to me to see the Eastern Sea League listed as "extinct", since most of its former constituents are still around. It would probably be more accurate to call it "disbanded".

Also, it wasn't clear from the original text that Rhaza was destroyed while the Ghelteen Coast Cities and Farrites survived (though obviously Kelph must have).

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas of what the Gyndaraxi Crisis (the one that split up the Eastern Sea League) should entail? All I can think of is that the Order of Blue should be involved somehow, or at least rumored to have been involved.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2015, 09:47:13 pm »

The way I see it, the ESL itself is extinct but its constituent countries/nations/whatever are still around. We just haven't described them yet. And yeah, I didn't make it clear when I wrote that but that's what I thought up in my head about which groups survived the Horde.

I was thinking of fleshing out the Gyndaraxi Crisis actually. Just not in the mood right now...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:49:59 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2015, 09:59:26 pm »

Well, the problem is just mainly that if an RPG is to be made of this, 90% of the civs would be ignored for simplicity's sake.

Which is fine, but that means we might want to start sorting them into regions.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2015, 06:18:07 pm »

Yeah. There's a few problems with having mosquitoes be a major race... mainly because mosquitoes can't actually really do anything.

We could probably do with someone drawing the rough beginnings of a map.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2015, 08:57:58 pm »

THEY DRINK THE INTELLECT OF THEIR VICTIMS.
Join the 'Let's ruin it for BFEL and make the Bog Grimdark' campaign!

In seriousness however I will add a humanoid race to the Bog, the Behrani, who are basically superevolved dragonfly-people. They have humanoid faces and are bipedal, but have vestigial wings and are generally very shamanistic. Also because of the propagation of the mage-parasites, the most powerful ones have found ways to fill themselves up beyond what would normally be healthy (by choice), so they're quite emaciated and frail.
Thus, dessication is the mark of respect amongst the species, with the most crippled and prematurely-aged of them being the elders and asskickers.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:02:02 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2015, 04:49:53 am »

The Two Banner Movement

In a world run by gods, the goals of the Two Banner Movement (TBM) can seem suicidal to outsiders. Both an ideology and a form of spirituality, the TBM sees all gods as the manifestation of the sleeping 'Godhead'. Whether this so-called Godhead exists or not is of course left to the reader to decide. As such, all gods represent dreams or nightmares experienced by the sleeping God and these are communicated to the denizens of the living world. From this belief, the TBM desires to put an end to all the sentient gods in the hopes of waking up the Godhead and ushering in an eternal state of Paradise. Others however disagree with this assessment and believe that the living realm is also a dream of the Godhead and that killing the gods will only result in Armageddon, which several fully support.

Regardless of their spiritual beliefs, the TBM has gathered quite a bit of support from the world's downtrodden. Seeing the gods as elites who treat the people as toys or pets, they seek to destroy the rule of the gods completely and usher in the rule of mortals across the world. To the world's religions, the movement is obviously evil. Keph, in particular, suppresses the movement, executing those found to support the group.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2015, 09:20:49 pm »

200 years ago, Zlanaxis the Technomancer ravaged the continent with his clockwork-armored soldiers. Only a combined task force with representatives from all the nations of land, sea, and air was ultimately able to defeat this villain.

Rumor has it that some soldiers in the clockwork armor have been sighted in the Western Mountain Ranges.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2015, 08:06:34 am »

Worse yet, small villages in the mountans have vanished without a trace no sign of anything ever being there at all.

The truth seeker is intrigued by this and goes to investigate.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2015, 10:56:23 am »

(Bump) come on guys what happens to my adventurer?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]