Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Before I frustrate myself, is this interaction going to work?  (Read 523 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Before I frustrate myself, is this interaction going to work?
« on: December 04, 2013, 11:35:44 pm »

The numbers aren't in place yet, because they need to be fairly precise -- I'd just like to know if the rest of the interaction has been structured properly, because if it isn't then I have no idea what I need to fix.

Also added are some comments on how I think the individual portions of the interaction are laid out and how the chunks of lines interact with each other. I've never written one of these before and I'm not sure I've grasped how they work. The interaction I was working from was one of the plague ones from Masterwork.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Before I frustrate myself, is this interaction going to work?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 01:55:30 am »

You have to make it [CDI:INTERACTION:CLAIM_BED] etc. instead of just CDI:CLAIM_BED.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Before I frustrate myself, is this interaction going to work?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 06:56:33 pm »

Okay, altered, and some numbers added. There's nothing in the errorlog and I can select the 'become sneaky' interaction in the arena. It doesn't do anything except kick me back to the main adventure-style screen, with no announcements.

Here's what I've added to the dwarven raws, for one caste only, using the octopus as an example:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.