Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Decent Fort?  (Read 2551 times)

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
Re: Decent Fort?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 08:14:28 pm »

Oh, let me guess: every reachable bit of floor engraved and way too many metal crafts? The high numbers of "stoneworkers" and "metalsmiths" suggest it. Prepared meals can account for quite a bit, but getting past ~400☼ per meal is tricky, so i'd estimate at most 2Mio as their contribution to "other objects", out of 18Mio.

I have exactly one engraver, actually.  I have so many masons because I built a relatively large exterior to my fort out of stone blocks (I hesitate to call it a megaproject; more of a middlingproject).  That one engraver is legendary, so almost everything he touches becomes a legendary engraving, and there's about 12 floors of his work.  Most of my fort's wealth (almost 75% of it, in fact) is comprised of large, serrated steel discs.  The majority of the displayed wealth probably comes from the weapon traps at the front of the fort's entrance, actually, so they make up more like 85% of the fort's total wealth.
Sanity is for the weak.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 09:15:44 pm »

94 children? Someone doesn't play with a childcap  8)

Why would I? I'm quite comfy here, and they'll grow up!

(Also, 100 children now. And I do have a cap, it's just the default one. :D)

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 10:58:26 pm »

Almost exactly 1 year later, that same fortress now sits at 36,993,664 overall wealth.  I decided to expand my wealth-making empire to include golden wheelbarrows (I have way too much gold as it is, and it's not like I have anything better to do with it).  The population remains the same, but the kinks are worked out of my drink production now, so I have 5849/6418 for my drink/meal values now.  I might even make a military soon, just for kicks.
Sanity is for the weak.

lysaght

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 05:12:57 pm »

Here are my snapshots.

I use Workflow, Seedwatch, and Autobutcher, so prepared meals are kept within a specific range automatically.  Most of the meals are roasts of plump helmet and various seeds, with the occasional meat thrown in when available.  The fort is now 84 years old.

84 years - that's unreal. Definitely checking out your blog

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 10:05:54 am »

AlwayzL3git, don't think too much about wealth-production or things like "auto-butcher" etc. All you really need to have a successful fortress is Dwarf Therapist and a drawbridge or two for turtling. All forts are different, and after a certain wealth value nothing really changes as far as sieges or people attacking you goes.
Pages: 1 [2]