Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breedable Cave Dragons !!!  (Read 641 times)

kibaseviltwin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Half-Goblin
    • View Profile
Breedable Cave Dragons !!!
« on: December 06, 2013, 04:00:37 pm »

hey im trying to make cave dragons breedable but now my game just freezes when i go to try and set the parameers for the world    is there something that i'm missing

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also im using Masterwork
All glory to Meph, a Legendary +15 modder and expert Forum Poster

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breedable Cave Dragons !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 05:43:28 pm »

Looks ok to me, the fact it has [WAGON_PULLER] seems a bit strange, and I'm not sure about the [NATURAL] tag.
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 06:49:16 pm »

[BABY:1]
   [CHILD:2]
   [GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:dragonette:dragonettes]

This needs to be somewhere it applies to both castes. At the moment it's in the section that applies to female dragons only. Near the top, in the 'paragraph' with the name and general caste name, will be fine.

It's odd that your game would be freezing up before you even attempt to generate anything -- change the cave dragon entry to how it was before, just to see if it really is the cave dragon edit or not.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 07:33:14 pm »

This needs to be somewhere it applies to both castes. At the moment it's in the section that applies to female dragons only. Near the top, in the 'paragraph' with the name and general caste name, will be fine.

The [BABY:1] and [CHILD:2] tags matter, but the [GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:x:y] can go wherever.

kibaseviltwin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Half-Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 11:56:46 pm »

It's odd that your game would be freezing up before you even attempt to generate anything -- change the cave dragon entry to how it was before, just to see if it really is the cave dragon edit or not.

The [BABY:1] and [CHILD:2] tags matter, but the [GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:x:y] can go wherever.

thanks guys it turned out it wasn't the dragons at all i must have accidentally messed something else up in another area of the raws, and thanks for the advice of placement i was just trying to mimmick the place ment in other files
All glory to Meph, a Legendary +15 modder and expert Forum Poster