Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thnings that would help DF!  (Read 888 times)

robrtt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Thnings that would help DF!
« on: November 15, 2007, 07:45:00 am »

1. A good video tutorial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All these text on DF wiki are really confusing and paintful to go through. I remember that I was extremly confused at the start and sadly i gave this games few chances before  " I GET IT!".

2. A link to video tutotial(with note: WATCH IT BEFORE PLAY!)/wiki/graphic sets version on front page. I remember  how hard was to figure out the wiki and graphic sets.

3. The best graphic titleset version on front page as an alternative to ASCII one.

Thats all for good start of helping DF become more popular.

Cos people download the game becouse of "the veterans hype". They start playing it and most of them get confused after few seconds. They dont know what to do. They look at wiki, quickly get tired, lost and give up.

[ November 15, 2007: Message edited by: robrtt ]

Kayla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thnings that would help DF!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 03:59:00 am »

Due to your request, I got Fraps, and will start recording a video tutorial hereforth promptly. Not sure how good it will be, because I lack a microphone and will have to do text overlays, but we'll see. It may take me a few days. Oh, and my birthday is coming up on the 17th, yay.

Kayla/Melody

Edit: It didn't occur to me untill I bought Fraps, that I would need a video editing program as well. Ahh well, Sony Vegas, here I come. (Rather, the trial of you, here I come!)

So yeah, it may be a bit, but, I'll do my best.

[ November 16, 2007: Message edited by: Kayla ]

evktalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thnings that would help DF!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 05:34:00 am »

Great idea, and kudos for taking the project on, Kayla!