Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The adventurers of Kelvin and Harvey a darklands stye adventure 4/6.  (Read 3410 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The adventurers of Kelvin and Harvey a darklands stye adventure 4/6.
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2013, 06:00:13 pm »

(( Oh I thought it'd cost more, Funk can you add more men to my company for me? Just add as many more halberd men as I could afford to buy plate armor for and equip them from my spare weaponry, I'd have bought more to begin with but I didn't think I could afford it. ))

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:54:49 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2013, 06:18:21 pm »

I was thinking that you'd make some cost saveings and have cheaper troops, a pike man in Quilted Armour was only $80, a swords man in full mail with padding is $220, really you just had to have the best didn't you, still it will make any battles you fight fairy fast.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2013, 06:23:16 pm »

(( Anyway, you guys are all in my company as well I guess, sort of. So up to the 4 of us to decide what we want to do.

I don't like the fodder approach to battle, when we get into fights I'll sit on the flank wait for the enemy to hit the lines then hack into it with my company once the enemy has already been brought to a stand still.

16 plate armor wearing psychopaths sword dancing into the enemy ranks will do a lot of damage.))
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:42:19 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2013, 08:55:06 am »

Harvey waiting for his men to finish getting kitted up turns to the rest of the group. ( Don't worry I won't give any of you orders. )

" So what do you guys think? I'm for option 3 I don't like the idea of what they'll do to the girl when they don't get paid. "

Vote for C
Caine's law.

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2013, 12:46:39 pm »

Jack spits to the floor beside him, "Aye, Bandits are not honorable men. I wouldn't mind wetting my blade with their blood."
Word

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2013, 07:38:50 am »

Feeling the tug of honour in your hearts, you are socked in to action by Vlads request.
Clutching Vlads copy of the ransom note, the six of you head out alone from the black gate of Castle Dracula.

The Roads are little more than dirt tracks and more than once you are forced to ford a river, but after two days of hard travel you arrive at small town chosen by the bandits as the hand over point.

As Jack the party haggles for board in a small thatched roofed inn, you consider your options

"We should do as the ransomer say then attack them once thay agree to the hand over, that way we get the hole band in one." say Croweheart.

"And i still say that if we brought my men then we could just strait up storm there camp and be done in an hour." argues Harvey.
"and by that time they would be long gone, don't you think they have a spy in town? or a look you?"
Kelvin states silencing Harvey's argument.

Otto is more pragmatic and favour of a more subtle plan, aiming to find there base and lunching a midnight raid.

-----------------
Our noble heroes
-----------------
Spoiler: Kelvin York (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvey (Patrick Hunt) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jack(Spectr) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party inventory (click to show/hide)
Units
---------------
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2013, 03:30:03 pm »

As you stand in the main street a small boy bumps in to Francis.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2013, 04:11:52 pm »

(( Woops completely missed the update. ))

Speak to the kid, ask him if he knows anything of the bandits or anybody who might know.
Caine's law.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2013, 03:39:21 pm »

You quickly decide to speak with the peasants, maybe one of them now something, Starting with the boy in front of you.
"Bandits you say sir?, come with me, my father will want to speak with you", you are lead quickly in a small hut, and as s cloud of wood smoke bites at your eyes, you meet his father.

Placing his bowl of green porridge on the table, a a thin gray haird man in a dirty shirt turns to you.
"So you are the men the sheriff sent for? you are so few how will stop theses raiders?" he states, his voce heavy with the the hollow ring of despair.

"By force of course!" states Croweheart as he draws his great sword, the presence of it fills the man eyes with a new resolve.
"Forgive me, if i sounded ungrateful full but, you see i face a hard winter this year, the crops have been poor and now i have lost three goats to these brigands".

As he starts to mown about every thing and every one, a short man, his right eye covered by an eyepatch, is lead in by the kid.
"Ah Theodor, tell them about what happened last week, will you?" asks the father as he brakes from his ranting to introduce you.

You listen as he tells you his tale.
"I was just grazeing my sheep on the common when it happened, they shot my sheep right in front of me and threatened to kill me as well if i tried to stop them."

Over the next few hours the villagers report a dozen other crimes to you, slow a slowly a pattern emerges all the crimes are happening at the north side of the village.

Go look for the bandit base?
Set up the meeting?

-----------------
Our noble heroes
-----------------
Spoiler: Kelvin York (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harvey (Patrick Hunt) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jack(Spectr) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party inventory (click to show/hide)
Units
---------------

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2013, 04:59:50 pm »

Send word for my men to join me, they're to arrive at night and stay hidden.

Set up the meeting, preferably at the bandits camp.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]